𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

THE alarm beeped loudly beside the lamp. I rubbed my eyes and turned it off, then looked at Dean. "Come on, we have work," I told him. He inhaled deeply and opened his eyes. Sam sat up and stretched his arms behind his back. "Get up, Dean." He told his brother.

I stood up and grabbed an outfit from my bag, then went to the bathroom to change. When I was done brushing my teeth again, I made sure I had a load of laundry on and sat down. "How are you this productive?" Dean yawned. "Hunger," I replied. Dean paused and then shrugged. "Sammy, come on! We're hungry!" He told his brother, knocking on the bathroom door. Sam opened the door, buttoning up his jeans. "Okay, let's go."

𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐑

I ate like there was no tomorrow. Then again, you never know when your job is monster hunting. There might not even be an afternoon. You could drop dead anywhere, at any time. I always have had a cheery outlook on things.

I wiped my hands on a napkin and clicked and unclicked a pen while grabbing a newspaper from Sam. "Hello?" He scoffed. "Crossword puzzle. You can read about the world's biggest pumpkin later." I remarked. Dean looked at the two of us. "Okay, so where's the mirror?" He questioned. "We'll find out later." Sam shrugged, handing him a paper with a phone number on it. "Sam, no offense, but I'm not interested," Dean said jokingly. "It's a phone number for someone in Mary's family," Sam told him.

"Do you just have information spewing from your ass? How do you magically know things?" I laughed. Dean chuckled. "Ha ha ha," Sam muttered. I nudged his shoulder and Dean left some cash on the table.

We got into the Impala and Sam called the number.

𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐃

Hells bells, Satan's coming to you
Hells bells, he's ringing them now

Sam turned down the stereo. Dean and I stopped banging our hands along to the rhythm. "Dude!" We yelled. "I'm gonna call the number." He told us. "Fine." I crossed my arms.

"Oh really? Ah, that's too bad Mr. Worthington. I would have paid a lot for that mirror. Okay, well maybe next time. All right, thanks." Sam hung up. The conversation was about 3-5 minutes long. "So that was Mary's brother. The mirror was in the family for years, until he sold it one week ago to a store called Estate Antiques. A store in Toledo." He informed us. "So wherever the mirror goes, that's where Mary goes?" I recapped.

"Isn't there an old superstition that says mirrors can capture spirits?" Dean questioned. "So Mary dies in front of a mirror, and it draws in her spirit...I say that we break the source." I shrugged. "Worth a shot." Dean nodded. He pulled over suddenly. "I need to piss." He said, getting out. I reached over the seat to turn the radio back up.

That the walls were shaking, the Earth was quaking
My mind was aching and we were making it
And you shook me all night long

Dean got back in and I instantly got a pack of wipes from under his seat. We keep them around to wipe off blood, but piss can work. I handed the pack to him. "Thanks, babe." He smirked. "I hate you," I replied. "Ouch, really bruised my ego there." Dean scoffed. "Good," I muttered.

-

"Shhh, hey hey hey, Charlie? Charlie, it's okay. You can come out now. Mary can't hurt you now." I persuaded. My arm laid over her shoulders. Sam and Dean placed sheets and blankets over any windows, mirrors, or shiny/reflective surfaces. The girl looked up from the ball she had curled herself in. "Now listen. You're gonna stay right here on this bed, and you're not gonna look at the glass, or anything else that has a reflection, okay? And as long as you do that, she cannot get you." Sam told her.

"But I can't keep that up forever. I'm gonna die, aren't I?" She sniffled. "No," I replied firmly. "All right Charlie. We need to know what happened. Something happened, didn't it? In your life...a secret...where someone got hurt. Can you tell us about it?" Dean asked, sitting down on the bed.

"I had this boyfriend. I loved him. But he kind of scared me too, you know? And one night, at his house, we got in this fight. Then I broke up with him, and he got upset, and he said he needed me and he loved me, and he said "Charlie, if you walk out that door right now, I'm gonna kill myself." And you know what I said? I said, "Go ahead." And I left. How could I say that? How could I leave him like that? I just...I didn't believe him, you know? I should have." She explained.

I got up and made a circle of salt around the bed. "It is not your fault," I said. "Let's go find the mirror and kill this son of a bitch."

-

"You know, I've been thinking. It might not be enough to just smash that mirror. Well Mary's hard to pin down, right? I mean she moves around from mirror to mirror so who's to say that she's not just gonna keep hiding in them forever? So maybe we should try to pin her down, you know, summon her to her mirror and then smash it." Sam suggested. "How do you know that's gonna work?" Dean furrowed his eyebrows. "I don't. Not for sure."

"Who's gonna summon her?" Dean sighed. "I will. She'll come after me." His brother said. Dean pulled the car over. "You know what, that's it. This is about Jessica, isn't it?" He began. My jaw dropped. "You think that's your dirty little secret that you killed her somehow? Sam, this has got to stop, man. I mean, the nightmares and calling her name out in the middle of the night-it's gonna kill you. Now listen to me-It wasn't your fault. If you wanna blame something, then blame the thing that killed her. Or hell, why don't you take a swing at me? I mean I'm the one that dragged you away from her in the first place." Dean continued.

I got out of the car while they argued and looked around, then took a flask out of my jacket pocket. I downed a little bit of bourbon and stared up at the sky. "He really had to mention Jess, huh?" I whispered.

I cleared my throat and tried to keep my mind off of the blonde-haired girl I had grown so fond of.