𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊

CARTER stood up and opened the door. He was already waiting for her. "I could have saved him." She whispered. Sam wrapped his arms around her and pulled her in close, putting his head on hers until she finally stopped crying.

Sam sat on the floor with her in his arms. She was falling asleep. "My dad...He, uh---You know, when he---The night he committed, Dad served me some pizza rolls and fries for dinner and sent me back to my room. I thought he was being paranoid." Carter mumbled, scoffing slightly.

"I remember thinking that he was being a dick when I walked up the stairs. The next morning, I got up and walked downstairs... My alarm didn't go off and the dog was whining. I was shaking even before I opened the basement door. When I got to the final step and I saw my dad..." Carter inhaled deeply. "Carter, you don't have to explain yourself," Sam whispered.

"My first instinct was to run. To hide. I thought if I hid under a blanket then it would all go away. But I remember my dad holding me and comforting me after my sister died and I didn't feel lonely anymore. I grabbed some bolt cutters and helped him down. His skin was cold. I closed his eyes and he was gone." She finished. Sam and Dean were quiet. She breathed in Sam's normal scent, which was for some reason calming. Her eyes became heavy and nothing could describe the numbness that began to take over her body. "Thank you, Sam." She mumbled. Carter's eyes shut and she fell into a peaceful slumber.

"Is she gonna be alright?" Dean asked his brother. Sam didn't reply. He instead signaled for his brother's help to move Carter onto a bed and poured drinks. "When she was grieving, she shut people out for a while and went on a hunting trip. She ran on alcohol, coffee, and Pop-Tarts. Carter's strong. She'll be okay, I just hope she copes better this time." Sam murmured, sitting down at the foot of his bed.

The brothers looked at the girl that they loved. She was their best friend. Their sarcastic, caring, funny, brave, and insane best friend. They knew there had to be a way to help her, but how can you help someone who doesn't want it?

"I feel kinda bad for her. She never stopped hunting, even when she got like this. What if all she needs is a break?" Sam frowned, looking at the girl's hair. "If she does, we need to let her have one," Dean told Sam. "I know but she's stubborn and would never admit it."

Carter woke up to a suitcase being thrown on her and a pair of keys beside her head. Sam and Dean stood by the end of the bed. "What's going on?" She asked them, beams of sun blinding her eyes. "Sending you off, little duckie." Dean joked. "Where? Why? It's not like the world is ending." Carter frowned. "Because you need a break, that's why," Dean replied. "Sam? You're kicking me out?" She scoffed. Sam looked down. "Wow," Carter muttered, standing up and kicking on her shoes.

"Carter, I just want you to be okay," Sam told her. "I would be perfectly fine right here, Sam!" Carter snapped. "I know. I know..." He mumbled. "No, you don't." Carter walked towards the door, slinging the bag over her shoulder. As her hand reached for the knob, Sam wished her a happy birthday.

Carter paused and then left, closing the door behind her and walking to the car Dean (may have stolen) borrowed. She put her stuff in the trunk of the car and slammed it shut, then got in. The car smelled like a mixture of weed and vanilla.

"Happy birthday to me." She declared, starting the car and leaving the parking lot.

She rolled the windows down and drove down the road, turning up the radio as loud as possible. She ran her hands through her hair when she was interrupted by her phone ringing. It was Sam. Carter declined the call and threw her phone into the backseat.

Her chest lightened and she pressed on the gas pedal, staring at the empty road. She'd have a long way to go before Stanford, but it was something to look forward to. She wanted to go through some of her father's old items and find some old friends. She wanted to track down anything her father couldn't kill. Carter wanted a distraction.

-

HIII THIS IS A FILLER FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER AHHH IM SO EXCITED . pls lmk what u think so far <3