𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚒𝚎𝚜, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚖 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚎
keep in mind i've changed up how scenes were actually played out for the sake of "you and i" 's storyline.
-

   A breath of fresh air.

   Running in the grass, feeling the cold ocean on your feet, dancing in fields, being with the person you love.

   All of these things couldn't compare to the amount of relief Carter had felt the moment she realized she was an angel.

   The girl could feel, unlike other angels. She couldn't taste much, nor learn how to communicate on the "angel radio," but she was ready to try. Carter was a brand new person and the Winchester boys could see it clearly since the moment she returned. Now, while they were finally able to semi-relax, they knew they had to discuss it.

   "You, uh, seem pretty happy." Dean began, looking at the brunette. She was looking through her backpack, trying to find the perfume she could smell so clearly from across the room. "Carter?"

   She looked up. "Yeah, sorry." She muttered, walking over. Carter stood behind the boy and wrapped her arms around Dean's neck, then put her head on top of his. "I'm... ecstatic." She agreed.

   "Carter, you died." The younger Winchester whispered.

   "We've all died, Sam. It happens." Carter laughed. "I just happened to come back as a... semi-good creature."

Sam and Dean didn't seem satisfied with her answer. Sam sat up and scowled. "Carter, you died and you aren't even wondering who killed you? You aren't concerned with how you died? What about who made you an angel in the first place?!" He bashed.

"No, not really." She answered. Before Sam continued, she interrupted him. Carter walked away from Dean and sat down. "Sam, you've known me long enough to know that my life has sucked a different type of demon dick."

   "I've been dragged through so much bullshit that I might as well be a public bathroom." Carter continued. "I just became something that's so... freeing. Sam, I can go places and I can see things. I could go to Niagra Falls in a heartbeat if I wanted to! I mean, call me selfish, but for once, I know that I can go and I don't have to be trapped in one place!"

"Well, call me selfish, but I don't like the idea of my best friend being dead and resurrected as a creature that just tried to kill another one of its' own kind!" Sam replied, referring to Uriel's attempt on Anna.

"Do you have an anti-angel serum hiding in your soon-to-be Lord Farquaad hair?!" She questioned. "That's what I thought."

"How about we all shut the fuck up, crack open a few beers, and do absolutely jack shit except guarding?" Dean interrupted. Sam and Carter exchanged looks with the man. They held a silent protest until deciding to do it anyway.

Carter could no longer taste the malty, dark drink. Part of her hated it, but the other part was ecstatic because she couldn't stop drinking it specifically for that reason.

   Dean looked at the girl. He wanted to scoop her up in his arms and never to let go until he knew she was okay. He wanted to protect her from Heaven and Hell, from angels and demons, from God and the Devil. He wanted to do what he thought he failed to do since they met.

She had grown so much since their first hellos. She opened up to him and he opened up just as much to her. He knew her fears, her wantings, her needs, her dreams. He knew what her favorite things were by heart and knew the words to the songs she put on every time she was given the chance.

Dean admired the little things. He admired the dimple on the back of her shoulder and the freckle on her wrist. He admired the way she held herself and the way she knew what she was worth. Dean admired everything about Carter Branch.

   He didn't know how he could love someone as much as he loved her.

When the sun fell and Sam went to sleep, Dean and Carter stayed awake. "You know, uh, I think hunting with you has been pretty cool." He murmured, resting his beer bottle on his knee.

"Who else would be your fake wife, Dean?" She replied. He chuckled, looking down at the wooden floor. "No, but I actually agree. You're... You're surprisingly really cool to be around." Carter teased.

"I'm trying to flirt and you still find a way to insult me," He scoffed. They looked at one another and released a laugh. When it died down, they stared at their hands, unsure what to say, so Dean decided to continue. "I don't know, I mean, you just kinda brought some medium between Sammy and me. Y'know? You've been the one thing my brother and I can agree on. Except, when y'all dated and stuff... That kinda sucked. And then I felt like I had to be on his side so I said some nasty shit and we fought. Hated it. Despised it, actually." He rambled.

"Part of me is nervous, Branch. Because you died and now you're havin' fun as an angel and you could leave us at any second." He confessed. "Spending time away from you--- from you and Sam--- well, mainly you, but we don't have to talk about that but I kind of do--- It sucked." He muttered. "I don't want you to leave, but I want you to have fun because you seem happier dead and free than alive and stuck."

"I don't wanna leave you, Dean. You're my best friend and someone I've always liked. Seriously, I wouldn't leave you. Not unless you told me to." She claimed. Carter put her hand on his and put the other on his cheek. "You can't get rid of me, Winchester."

"Staying until the end, Carter?"

"Staying until the final breath."

---

a/n i wanted to end this story with a clear answer to who she ends up with and what happens. carter and dean are living happily ever after (yk, until....) anyway...
its been like...2 years???? so hey "you and i" readers . little writing upgrade