𝐒𝐈𝐗

"AND they found her on the bathroom floor. And her-her eyes. They were gone."

Carter rubbed Charlie's back comfortingly. Jill, her friend, was dead. She suffered the same as Donna's father. "She said it. I heard her say it. But it couldn't be because of that. I'm insane, right?" Charlie sniffled, looking up at Sam. "No, you're not insane," Dean reassured her. "Look. We think something's happening here. Something that can't be explained." Sam said. "And we're gonna stop it but we could use your help," Dean told Charlie. The girl looked up at Carter and she nodded.

"Okay." Charlie agreed. Carter wiped her tears and Charlie decided she'd lead them to Jill's house.

𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐀𝐋𝐀

"What was that?" Dean asked, rolling his shoulders as he adjusted his mirrors. "What do you mean?" Carter replied, pulling her seatbelt on. "Oh come on, you only act that sweet when you're---" Sam began. "Wanna finish that sentence, Winchester?" Carter challenged, turning her head to face her friend. "Nope, I'm good." He muttered.

"We won't be here long enough for you to go all lovey-dovey," Dean said. "I know, Dean." Carter sighed. "So then stop." He instructed. "One: Don't tell me what to do...dick. Two: I can do what I want. And Three: Why are you acting like such a jealous bitch? You flirt with every single bartender you come in contact with and I'm not even allowed to be polite." She grumbled, twiddling with her thumbs.

"She's got a point, Dean." Sam shrugged. Dean adjusted his shoulders.

𝐉𝐈𝐋𝐋'𝐒 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌

Carter picked up a picture frame and looked at the group of girls: Donna, Jill, and Charlie. They looked so happy. So normal. Carter thought about her time with her friends and smiled. Carter was at her happiest when she was with her friends. At times, she missed them. Carter couldn't have many connections considering she was knee-deep in monster shit.

𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊

Carter sat in a red booth with her friends Brody, Jess, Max, and Lucy. She had met them from her old friend group. After drama had overtaken the four girls, Lucy and Carter joined Jess and Brody's small group. "Sam's on his way." Jess giggled. "Someone's in love." Carter teased. "He's a great guy, what's not to love?" Jess sighed. "You're welcome for introducing you two by the way." Brody smiled.

Carter always got the creeps from Brody but never dared to say anything about it. He seemed off. The bell rang above the cafè door and everyone turned to see the tall man walking towards the circular booth. He wore a jean jacket and blue jeans with a white shirt underneath his flannel. "Three layers? I didn't know we live in Alaska." Carter joked. Everyone laughed and Sam and Jess kissed. "Hey, mini Branch." Sam greeted after shaking hands with Brody, Max, and Lucy.

There was always tension between them, maybe because they shared common knowledge of what lurked in the dark. "Hey, Winchester," Carter replied. He nodded and scanned over the menu, his brooding face returning. The waitress walked over and took their orders. When she finally looked up, the waitress gasped. "Carter Branch is that you?! I'm Lindsay Turner, I was a friend of your father's! Happy birthday, kiddo." She said. "Thanks, Mrs. Turner." Carter smiled. "I'll be right back...Marty, get the camera'!" Lindsay yelled to the chef in the back. "No no it's oka---" Carter began. The waitress walked away and Carter's friends looked at her. Lucy shoved her.

"You didn't say it was your birthday!" She gasped. "Happy birthday, Carter." Jess smiled. "Come on, come on! Scoot in!" Turner told the group of friends. "Lindsay, there's really no need---" Carter began. "Nonsense! Smile!" The lady said. The group squeezed in and laid their arms around one another. Lucy kissed Carter's cheek and the flash went off. "Ah, this is so cute! Your daddy would be so happy for you, sweetheart!" Turner smiled. "Thanks, Mrs. Turner."

The girl went to print out the picture. When it was done, she handed it to Carter. "I love you guys," Carter told her friends. "We love you too," Sam said.

[NEW FLASHBACK]

After a job hunting a Wendigo, the brothers and Carter pulled into an empty field at night to stargaze. It seemed peaceful and quiet. The trees were lit up with the white lights and everything was calm. Dean pulled out the cooler while Sam and Carter sat on the hood of the '67 Impala. He handed the two a beer and sat on the cooler. They clinked their bottles together and took a gulp, then looked up at the glowing sky. Carter felt a stare on her cheek and looked down at Dean. He smiled softly at her and looked back at the lights.

"Jess would have loved this," Sam said. "Yeah. No doubt about it." Carter agreed. She wiped a falling tear from her eye and cleared her throat. Jessica Moore was like a big sister to her. It always made Carter emotional thinking about her.

She chugged her beer and got up, then stood in the middle of the field. She heard grass crunch behind her and Dean's rough hand grabbed hers softly. "You okay?" He asked. Carter nodded. "Hitting on your brother's best friend, D?" She remarked. "Maybe." He shrugged, spinning her around. Carter laughed and the radio from the Impala was turned up. Sam watched them dance in the field, smiling for his friend.

𝐍𝐎𝐖

"Earth to Carter," Dean called, waving his hand in front of her face. She put the picture frame down. The room was now dark. Sam and Jill stood by the bed, looking down at something with a black light. "Sorry, I zoned out." The girl apologized. "It's fine. Look." Sam said. "Gary Bryman." Sam read. Carter walked over to the mirror on the bed and sure enough, the name was written in invisible ink with a handprint above it.

"Wasn't that the 8-year-old boy that was killed in a hit and run?" Carter remembered. "How do you know that?" Charlie gulped. "I had to research this town to see what could have happened. The car was described as a black Toyota Camry. But nobody got the plates or saw the driver." Carter said. "Oh my god. Jill drove that car." Charlie gasped.