𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

"I'M being charged with what?!" Carter exclaimed. She tried moving her arms, but they were handcuffed.

"Carter Branch, is it?" A woman responded. She sat down with a file. "You're twenty-one, no job, no home, and almost nonexistent. Your mom died when you were a newborn, then your dad died years later. You had a sister. Dead. Uncles. Dead. And you travel around with the Winchester brothers, who've also lost their parents. A car of misfits going on crazy trips to do illegal things. My only question is why? You had life going for you. You had a home. You were going to go to Stanford with Sam. You had a life. What made you stop, drop, and roll down that pitiful hill? Maybe it was the death of Jessica Moore, Sam's girlfriend. Maybe that's what sent you downhill? Feel free to stop me." The woman continued. Carter rolled her head around, cracking it, and sat back.

"You fell off the grid. You have some serious blood on your hands, Carter Branch. You've killed, robbed, punched an officer--- You're still only twenty-one, kid." She scoffed. "Where's Sam and Dean?" Carter asked, sitting up. "In separate rooms. Now, why don't you tell me why you and Dea were found at Karen Giles's murder scene, and maybe I'll be kind enough to get you some water." The woman negotiated.

𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊

"Anthony Giles," Dean stated simply, handing Carter a newspaper.

MAN'S THROAT SLIT WITHOUT A TRACE

"Sounds like us...throat was slit, the room was clean. No DNA, no prints. Security cameras failed to capture footage of the assailant." Carter read. "So I'm thinking either somebody tampered with the tapes--"

"Or it's an invisible killer." Sam finished. "My favorite kind. What do you think, Scully? You wanna check it out?" Dean asked. "I'm not Scully, you're Scully." Sam corrected. "No, I'm Mulder. You're a red-headed woman." Dean scoffed. "Oh shut up."

GILES' HOME

"We're very sorry to bother you right now, but the company is required to conduct its own investigation. If you could just tell us anything you remember about the night your husband died..." Carter trailed off, looking at Karen Giles. "Uh, Tony and I were just supposed to have dinner. He called and said he was having computer troubles and that, that he had to work late. That was it." Karen replied.

"Do you have any idea who could have done this to him?" Sam asked. "No. No, it's like I told the police, I, I have no idea." She answered. "What happened before he passed, Karen? Anything weird?" Carter asked. "Uh, he said that he woke up in the middle of the night and there was a pale woman with dark red eyes standing at the foot of the bed, he blinked and she was gone, I mean, it was just a nightmare." The widow informed.

𝐍𝐎𝐖

"Sam hugged her, we said goodbye, and that was it. Happy?" Carter asked. "We have an eyewitness. Someone who saw two men and a woman, fitting your and your friends' descriptions, breaking into Giles' office." The woman told her. "Why do cops always have to be so difficult? Karen called us later, said that there was some stuff that she wanted from Tony's office, but the police weren't letting her in -- like, a picture of the two of them in Paris, and some other stuff. Look, it was wrong to enter a crime scene, but she gave us the key!" Carter lied.

𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊

Sam picked the lock on the office door and the group entered, ducking under the police tape. The office was dark and seemed nearly normal except for the blood of blood. "Hey. Anthony Giles' body was found right about here." Sam pointed out. "What do you think? Vengeful spirit? Underlining vengeful?" Dean asked. "Yeah, maybe. I mean he did see that woman at the foot of his bed." Sam shrugged. Dean picked up a paper from the desk. "Take a look at this."

'Dana Shulps' was written front to back on a stack of papers. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy," Carter muttered. She sighed and walked around the office. Sam exhaled on glass, revealing the same name. "Wow. I'd say we've officially crossed over into weird." He scoffed. "Okay, come on," Carter told them.

They began researching on a laptop in the office. There were no names under Shulps at all. "I think I'm pretty close to cracking Giles' password. Maybe there's something in his personal files, you know?" Sam told them. "Great. Carter and I will just sit here and play patty cake." Dean remarked. They sat on two chairs and Carter began counting the roof tiles while Dean made farting and clicking noises. "Dude." Sam groaned. "All right, we're gonna go talk to Karen again, see if she knows anything about this Dana Shulps, huh? Keep going, Sparky." Dean snickered, walking out.

Carter rolled her eyes.

𝐍𝐎𝐖

"You were with Sam the entire time you were in Baltimore. You left to help Dean kill Karen." The cop was accused. "He didn't kill anyone," Carter replied calmly. "I heard the 9-1-1 call! Karen was terrified. She said someone was in the house."

"That's because someone was in the house! We don't know who. We were in the right place at the wrong time." Carter snapped.

𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

"You getting anywhere with her?" A man asked the lady as she walked in. "Her statement matches Sam and Dean's to the very last detail. If we don't get Sam to flip we have nothing but a lot of circumstantial evidence." She responded. "We've got Carter and Dean at the crime scene with blood on their hands." Sheridan, Sam's interrogator, replied. "Yeah, but, I mean, where's the murder weapon? What's the motive? You talk about reasonable doubt." Dean's lady, Ballard, said.

𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌

"Maybe it's an anagram." Carter thought, grabbing a piece of paper from the clipboard.

DANA SHULPS
NADA PLUSH
ANDA LUPSH
DNA SHULPS
DAN SHULPAS
LAND PUSHAS
SUPASH LAND
PUSH LANDAS
PLUSH DANAS

She reviewed the words when a man walked in. "Carter Branch? I'm your lawyer." He introduced. "Great! Take this to Sam, would you?" She requested, folding the paper. "What is it?" He questioned. "An anagram. He can figure it out. Please." She begged. The man sighed and took the paper. "Thanks, Mr. Lawyer." She smiled.

𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄

"My name is Dean Winchester. I'm an Aquarius. I enjoy sunsets, long walks on the beach, and frisky women. And I did not kill anyone. But I know who did. Or rather what did. Of course, it can't be for sure, because our investigation was interrupted. But our working theory was that we're looking for some kind of vengeful spirit. Tony Giles saw it. I'll bet you cash money Karen did too. But see, the interesting thing is the word it leaves behind. For some reason, it's trying to tell us something. But communicating across the veil, it ain't easy. You know, sometimes the spirits, they, they get things jumbled. You remember "REDRUM". Same concept. You know, it's, uh, maybe word fragments... other times, it's anagrams. See, at first, we thought this was a name, Dana Shulps. But now we think it's a street. Ashland. Whatever's going on, I'll bet you it started there."

𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌

"Come on, babe." Sam breathed out, unlocking Carter's handcuffs. They left the station and made their way to Ashland.