𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

"It's shed its skin again. We don't know when - it could be in the halls, it could be in the vault." Dean told Sam. "Great. You know, you two are wanted by the police. So even if we do find this damn thing -- how the hell are we gonna get out of here?" Sam asked. "Houdini act," Carter remarked. "Dean and I are gonna sweep the place, you can handle Ronald." She told Sam, handing him a silver letter opener. She kissed his cheek and walked away snickering, knowing how much Sam disliked Ron.

Dean walked up beside her while laughing. "Well if Ron screws this up, we won't be near him." She told him. "I'll go this way, you go the other and we'll meet back here in 15-20 minutes." Dean directed. They split up and Carter looked around with her flashlight for any alarms or detectors, not that it mattered considering the cops were already outside. There was nearly nothing besides a blood trail staining the ceiling. She followed it to a closet and Dean came up behind her. "Well, that's gross." He muttered. "That man...he was in the vault," Carter whispered. They looked at each other and began running back to Sam.

"Sammy?!"

They approached Sam, who held a rifle in front of the hostages. One man was sweaty and gasping for air while the shapeshifter held him up. "We'll get him out of here. Everyone stay put." Carter yelled. She glared at the men and women and exchanged places with the shapeshifter, Dean helped her move him towards a door. They opened it cautiously. News media took the opportunity to take pictures of Dean and Carter as they shoved the man outside and relatched the door.

"Oh, we're screwed." Carter and Dean muttered.

They walked back into the main room of the bank, which Sam and Ronald were running through. Sam was crouching out of sight, but Ron didn't know better. Standing in the spotlight, the police officers pointed a laser at his back. "Ron!" Sam yelled before a bullet landed square in the man's chest. A silent gasp came from Ron's lips and he collapsed to the ground, the light and fear in his eyes fading.

"Damn it, Ronald."

-

Carter watched Dean check in on everyone in the vault. The landline rung beside her and Dean nodded at her to answer it. "Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, how can we help you?" She answered. "This is Special Agent Victor Henriksen." A man groveled. "Nice to meet you, Henny. Listen, I'm not really in the negotiating mood right now and I think some Oompa Loompas are going out of control so--" She sighed. "It's my job to bring you in. Alive's a bonus but not necessary." The agent told her.

"Ouch, Mr. Federal Agent. Rough." She muttered. "You're not the typical suspect, are you, Carter? I want you, Dean, and Sam out here, unarmed. Or we come in." He demanded. "How'd we know you were here, Henriksen?" She asked. "Go screw yourself, that's how I knew. It's become my job to know about you and Dean. I've been looking for you two for weeks now." He began. She covered the speaker part of the landline and waved Dean over. "Huh?" Dean asked. "Dean Winchester. I know about the murder in St. Louis, I know about the Houdini act you pulled in Baltimore. I know about the desecrations and the thefts. I know about your dad. Ex-marine, raised his kids on the road, cheap motels, backwood cabins. Real paramilitary survivalist type. I just can't get a handle on what type of whacko he was. White supremacist, Timmy McVeigh, to-may-to, to-mah-to." The agent scoffed.

"You got no right talking about my dad like that. He was a hero." Dean snapped. "Yeah. Right. Sure sounds like it. You have one hour to make a decision or we come through those doors full automatic." The agent hung up. "Great. Just great. Okay, you find Sam. I'll watch the place." Carter told Dean. "Stay safe, C." He told her. "I will. Make sure you don't get arrested." She forced a smile and turned a corner.

Carter watched as lights approached the doors of the bank and left-right as they grabbed the bolt cutters. She went towards the rustling and fighting anxiously. "We gotta go. Now." She told Sam. "Where's Dean?"

They hid behind a wall, hearing the clicking of boots from the officers. Sam cupped his hand over Carter's mouth and she glared. "Stay here." He mouthed, walking out in front of the men. Carter heard punches fly around before he grabbed her hand and began running. They found Dean and together, they used the unconscious men's' police armor to disguise themselves and run to the parking garage.

Carter practically flew into the backseat and took off the helmet. "We are so screwed." She panted, laying down across the seat. Sam and Dean nodded and they drove out of the garage, Renegade by Styx playing on the radio.

Carter couldn't deny her enjoyment of their adventure. It worried her that she enjoyed that. They could have died. She could have died. Carter questioned whether she was a good or bad person. She wasn't sure anymore.

People now knew what Dean and Carter looked like. Their faces would be plastered on the news and posters. A search would happen for the two that held citizens captive in a vault of a Milwaukee bank. "What do we do now?" She asked. "Lay low," Sam replied, shrugging. "Lay low? My whole life I've laid low. If I go any lower, I'll end up 6 feet underground." She said half-jokingly. "Then grab a shovel because we don't have a choice." Dean spat. She sighed and took off the armor, leaving her in a black turtleneck and black jeans. "I'm going to sleep." She muttered.

She felt Dean press on the gas as she shut her eyes. "This isn't gonna end good," Sam predicted.