For Life

Aera's POV

I still can't believe that I told Baekhyun we would do the project at my place. It really wasn't good because anything could happen between us. The previous time was because I needed emotional support but now, what if he asks me to be his girlfriend again? I don't think I would be able to get saved by the bell this time. I love him but, why was it so hard to admit it? Maybe because it just felt so surreal? Like when did he start developing feelings for me? He had a crush on Se Na not too long ago so how could he just confess that he loves me? It wasn't that I didn't trust Baekhyun, I just didn't trust my own heart to follow it.

After our last lesson ended, Baekhyun came to my desk as I finished packing my bag. We then walked to my apartment together. The entire way, our hands kept brushing against each other and I kept wanting him to hold my hand. But I knew he wouldn't. After all, we weren't really in a relationship. Wait, we aren't even best friends because we never said so. So what in the world are we right now? I shrugged my thoughts away when we reached the door of my place and I keyed in my passcode, welcoming Baekhyun in.

We then went to my bedroom since all of my materials were there and began discussing on what topic we should focus on for the project. After some serious research and discussion of what we should do, we decided to do our project on tourism. We then began to do intensive research on the topic and the questions given in the booklet.

From time to time, I would glance towards Baekhyun. His slender fingers moved so swiftly across the keyboard as he finished collecting the last pieces of research needed. I had already started working on the slides since I completed my part. His eyes were very focused on the screen. Although he joked around a lot, he was a very serious guy when it came to education and the things he loves. Well, until he feels like he needs to get up and do things. He doesn't like staying in one place for too long after all. Which is why he was extremely concentrated on the task at hand and quickly added the necessary information to our slides. I was soon done too and we both hi-fived each other after looking through our final product worth three hours of our time.

Baekhyun then got up and stretched his limbs. "We finally completed it! How about we get something to eat?" He suggested.

"Sure! I've got some snacks in the kitchen. I'll go grab them," I told him and stood up to walk out of the room when I accidentally tripped on my schoolbag. I fell onto Baekhyun who fell onto my bed. He held my shoulders to ensure I don't fall off the bed. I tried to get up but he pulled me back in, with me facing him. All of a sudden, he flipped me around and our positions changed. Now, he was on top of me. He leaned in and our lips were only inches apart.

"You still haven't answered me yet." He said, reminding me of when he asked about being his girlfriend.

"W-what do you mean?" I played dumb and he just smirked.

"Pretending you forgot? Well..." He started moving towards my ear. I couldn't do anything since he had pinned me down. Once again he asked, "Will you be my girlfriend?" His hot breath tickled my ear as my heart raced faster. I could feel my cheeks redden as he did this.

"I- I don't know," I mumbled but he could hear it since he was so close to me. He then started caressing my left cheek with his right hand and asked why. I didn't want to hide it from him anymore so I said my thoughts.

"It's just that, how could you have feelings for me right after having a crush on Se Na? How could you just love me within such a short period of time? I trust you and love you Baekhyun but, I don't know. What if it's wrong? What if following my heart will lead us to separate? I can't imagine a future without yo-" Suddenly, his lips came into contact with mine. My eyes widened in shock but I then closed them and kissed back without thinking twice.

After our lips parted, Baekhyun reassured me, "I can't imagine a future without you either. So just follow your heart because I have been loving you ever since we met but I just didn't realise it. When I think back, I can tell you the times you've made my heart race like a sports car. I just never confessed to you because I never thought much about these feelings, until I realised that you could have feelings for me too." I gazed into his sparkling eyes as I listened to him.

"Then... my heart wants me to do this." I pulled my arms away from his grasp and wrapped them around his neck. I pulled him in and brought our lips back together. This time, it went on longer. He then bit my lower lip, making my mouth part where his tongue used the chance to go in. Our tongues fought for dominance and he ended up winning. His hands angled my neck such that our kisses went in deeper and deeper.

We stopped for a while to catch our breath but it seemed like Baekhyun wasn't done yet. His mouth moved to my right ear as he started to lick and bite it. I moaned softly at his actions and he continued doing this with my left ear as well. He then moved down to my neck and sucked on it. I moaned at the contact and once he had marked me, he went back to my lips.

As we continued making out, my phone rang. Baekhyun wasn't planning to let it ruin the moment so he continued kissing me. However, I tried to pull him away as it could be something important.

"Wait- Baekhyun, I-"

"Just ignore it-" He started biting my ears which were my sensitive areas again and I moaned more.

"Baek please- We can continue-later." In the end, he let go of me and I grabbed the phone which was on the floor.

"Hello? Sang Bum?" I saw, at the corner of my eye, Baekhyun's annoyed expression when he heard the name of the caller.

"Hey, Aera! I was just wondering if you're free tonight? Wanna eat dinner together?" Sang Bum asked.

"Dinner? Tonight?" I said which made Baekhyun even more irritated. I then realised that he started biting my neck at a different area again which was going to make me moan. He kept kissing my earlobes too while whispering, "Don't go." I couldn't stop him and needed to end the call before things went overboard.

"Umm... Sorry but... I'm not free tonight. I need to go now, sorry!" I apologised to him hastily. Baekhyun was giving me more hickeys as I said that one line.

"Oh alright then, see you tomorrow in school!" Sang Bum greeted cheerfully.

"Okay, see you!" I finally hung up and turned to face Baekhyun. But before I could say anything, he got a hold of my lips again. After he was done, he looked at me and said, "That's for ruining our moment to answer that annoying guy."

I chuckled. "Baek, he's not annoying. Why are you so jealous of him?"

"Pfftt... I'm not. He just asked you out again and I don't like that."

"Well... he didn't really ask me out. It was just for dinner. Plus, we just kept kissing. I didn't really say that I would be your girlfriend." This made Baekhyun get taken aback. He then pushed me to lay down on the bed again and asked, "So that's a no?" I giggled. "What do you think, my boyfriend?" I teased as I pulled him back in for another kiss.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh never gonna let you go

Giving you my heart and soul

Because you are everything in my life, for life

Oh even if I'm born again

I can't be with anyone but you."