Growl

Baekhyun's POV

I held my girlfriend's hand as we entered our school. Everyone was staring at us, shocked to see the close contact we were having. I beamed at Aera and she returned the same gesture as we reached our lockers. We took the books we needed for class and headed for our lessons.

During recess, Chanyeol came to me and asked what was going on between Aera and me. I proudly told him that we were in a relationship and his expression surprised me. He was smirking and giving an "I knew it" look. I looked at him with bewilderment as he went on to explain that he had been shipping us ever since we knew each other.

"I confirmed the fact that you had feelings for her when I asked whether you were jealous of Sang Bum. Your stuttering was such an obvious giveaway HAHA!" He cracked up and I smacked his arm.

"I'm not jealous okay?" I kept denying it. Why are you and Aera always saying that?

"Bro, there's nothing wrong with being jealous. She's your girlfriend after all. But remember, don't make her feel like you're restricting her. Or else, she will feel like you don't trust her anymore." I rolled my eyes at my best friend's advice.

"Pfftt... don't worry. I'm not overly possessive."

"Overly possessive with what?" I heard someone ask as she sat next to me. It was, of course, my one and only beloved girlfriend.

Chanyeol, who just swallowed a part of his sandwich, answered, "He is denying the fact that he is overly possessive with-" I cut him off by stuffing in the rest of his sandwich from his hand into his mouth. "Nothing. He's just sucking my blood." I responded to Aera, then turned back to glare daggers at my best friend. Aera laughed at the sight in front of her and I grinned.

"What did I miss?" I heard Kim Sang Bum ask as he sat beside Aera.

"Aera, get up," I told my girlfriend and she looked at me, puzzled. However, she did as I instructed and I stood up as well. I then gently moved her to my seat and we switched seats. Now, I'm sitting between Aera and Sang Bum.

"Uhh... Why did you want to change seats?" Aera asked and I just made a stupid excuse.

"Well... it's easier for me to hold your hand as I eat from this side." I perked up my eyebrows and held her right hand as she rolled her eyes. "Then how am I supposed to eat?" She responded and I didn't know how to reply. She was a right-hander too so I let go of her hand and pouted. She giggled and shifted closer to me. Since we were on a bench, our bodies were literally sticking to each other. She then whispered into my ear, "You can always put your arm around my waist, my jealous boyfriend." I moved my ear from her and looked at her in surprise. "Yah! I'm not jealous!" Chanyeol started laughing so hard at my sudden outburst and so did Aera. Sang Bum just shook his head at the scene. I sighed and gave up, wrapping my arm around my girlfriend's waist as she suggested.

"Chanyeol ah, where's Minji?" Aera asked once we were done eating. Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders. I raised an eyebrow, "Who is Minji?"

"Oh, she is a friend I made recently. I wanted to introduce you two to each other but she hasn't come yet," Aera said, slight worry visible on her face. She then stood up and told us that she was going to go find her and that she would meet us back in class. I nodded and she left the cafeteria.

However, Aera didn't come back. There wasn't much time left before class and I started getting worried. What if Se Na is doing something to her again? Hurriedly, I told Chanyeol that I would go find Aera and left the classroom. I ran around the school, looking for my girlfriend but to no avail. Wait, the rooftop! I flew up the flight of stairs and pushed open the door, revealing three girls. As I got closer, I realised that Aera was with a girl I did not recognise and they were talking to another girl who was standing at the edge of the rooftop. I approached the scene and began to hear the conversation going on.

"Se Na! You need to stop this! Committing suicide won't get you anywhere!" I heard the girl beside Aera shout across to the girl at the edge. That's Se Na?

"Minji is right! Think about your family! Don't you care about how they would feel to lose you?"

"My family? They never cared about me, so why should I? They never loved me. All they did was give me money and materialistic things. All I wanted was attention and that too was taken away from me. All because of YOU, CHO AERA! You took Baekhyun away from me and now the teachers don't trust me anymore. YOU have ruined MY life!" Se Na was then going to take a step forward out of the building when I ran as fast as I could towards her and grabbed her waist. I then put her down and looked right into her eyes as I said, "Aera did not ruin your life! The one who did was you and only you! If you wanted love and attention from your parents, you should talk to them instead of finding it elsewhere. Why give up your life when you can still change it for the better?"

"How can I? My parents are always busy. People only like me because of my wealth. I was alone until I found you, Baekhyun. But this girl here took even you away from me," Se Na retorted, pointing at Aera.

"This same girl here is the girl you hurt so much yet she still told you not to give up your freaking life!" I yelled. Se Na went silent. She looked down for a while and then looked at Aera.

"Why... why would you try to save me?" She asked calmly.

"Because nobody deserves to die, that includes you. Just like what Baekhyun said, you can change for the better. You can make friends without involving your wealth. You just need to believe in yourself. Your parents love you but maybe not in the way you want them to. So talk to them whenever you can about how you feel. Then only can you get what you really want: Love and happiness," Aera responded.

Se Na then teared up and broke down. She kneeled in front of Aera and apologised for her actions.

"I'm sorry Aera. I shouldn't have gotten envious of you. Instead of taking my competition down, I should've brought myself up to your level. I realise now just how truly pathetic I am. I admit that I feel inferior to people who are smart like you and who are pretty like Minji. Please, forgive me."

Aera bent down to her level and hugged her. "I forgive you. Don't think that you are worse than others, because I know you are amazing just being you. You know, you have something that I sometimes wish I could have, confidence. You have the confidence to say what you want. So don't waste that trait you have and use it well." Se Na thought about what Aera said for a while and smiled. It was the first time I had ever seen such a genuine grin from her.

"Now, come on. Let's get back to class," the girl whom I presume was Minji told us and we followed her out of the rooftop. Aera said that she would help Se Na to the sickbay and come back to class later. I nodded and we went our separate ways.

"So... are you and Aera a couple now?" Minji asked. I answered yes and then realised that I didn't introduce myself yet. "I'm Byun Baekhyun. You must be Aera's friend, Minji, right?"

"Ahh, yes! I'm Kim Minji. I observed during recess that Aera kept looking towards your direction when you both weren't on good terms. She really missed you, you know?"

I smiled and replied, "I missed her too. Which is why I'm glad that she is finally mine."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Only the strong one gets the beautiful woman

Just go back because there's no place

You have zero chance

Stop looking you're going to wear her out

If you desire her you have to win against me first"