Beautiful

Baekhyun's POV

I carried Aera bridal-style into her apartment. After placing her on her bed, I sat on the edge next to her and examined her facial features. There were dried tears on her cheeks near her eyes. But despite that, she still looked pretty. I then thought back to her diary. Was she going to confess to me if she didn't get the call? Was that why she told me to meet her? I gently pushed a strand of her hair which fell onto her pale face. She looked so tired yet, innocent. How could I not have seen her beauty before? Maybe, she was just so fun to be around that her personality just made me comfortable with her. Hence, I looked past her looks without realising.

I then sighed, thinking about what happened. Her parents left Aera and her sisters when we were in high school. Her dad said she wasn't his daughter while her mom called her an investment. They chased their children out of the house but fortunately, Aera's sisters were already working and could afford to rent a place. As time went on, they never contacted their parents and focused on earning money. Even Aera studied hard as she did part-time jobs after school. Only after she entered college were her sisters able to buy a house and an apartment for Aera to live in since the house was quite far from the school. Now, the only family who supported her left too. Why did she have to experience so much hardship? How was she so strong to be able to make it through everything?

Out of the blue, a light bulb appeared on my head and I left Aera's room to the kitchen. I started searching for ingredients but as usual, there weren't any. Aera never liked cooking and couldn't. She was really bad at it so she never kept stock of anything in her apartment except for instant noodles. I went down to buy some groceries quickly and came back up to prepare dinner. She hasn't eaten anything since reaching the hospital, maybe even since the start of the day. She didn't come to the canteen during recess and I never saw her eat lunch either. After an hour, I finished whipping up her favourite dish: egg fried rice with seaweed and salmon.

Just as I completed setting up the table for her to eat, the sound of something breaking filled the apartment. At the drop of a hat, I scurried over to Aera's room and saw her picking up fragments of a ceramic vase from the floor that was once on a table in her room. One of the pieces cut her and she started bleeding. However, she didn't stop picking up the broken pieces to attend to the cut. This made me boil with anger as I walked towards her and grabbed her arm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A flower rises in the sky, a blooming spring on the ground, I can't stop them

It's been decided from the start

My heart that is attracted to you (love)

The moment my breath reaches you

Is dyed by your scent"