Heaven

It was after sunset when I was walking home after school. My classmates left earlier as I decided to stay back and finish up my homework. However, I began to regret that decision. The sky was dark and only the sound of crickets could be heard. I entered an alleyway, the only path to go through towards my house. I always walked through this way but for some reason, it felt scarier this time. It felt unsafe. Like as though, something bad was going to happen. I began to fasten my pace, wanting to get out of there as soon as possible. I then heard footsteps behind me, making my feet move faster and faster. But it was too late. Someone grabbed my backpack and pulled me, slamming me against a wall. I faced my oppressor and saw a knife in his hand. Fear crept up my body as cold sweat trickled down my forehead. I tried screaming but not a single sound was being emitted. "Was this the end for me?" was the only thought I had in my mind.

Out of the blue, the man got punched in the face from the side and he fell down. I fell to the ground as he let go of me and tried to catch my breath. The person who saved me knelt down on one knee and asked if I was alright. I looked at him. He was a boy from the same high school as me, based on his uniform. Though, I could not recognise him because of how dark it was.

I nodded my head and was about to thank him when the perpetrator behind me started getting back up slowly. Within the blink of an eye, the boy grabbed my hand and ran through the alley, with me following behind. Our fingers were interlocked so that he couldn't let me go. We ran and ran until we made it out of the alley and hid behind a big house. The boy pulled me in and trapped me between his arms as he looked out to see if the man ran past us. Once he did, he heaved a sigh of relief and stood up straight, letting go of my hand. He then smiled at me and asked once again if I was hurt. I shook my head and bowed, thanking him profusely for saving me. He just chuckled and reached out his hand.

"It's fine. Good thing I was passing by and saw you. By the way, my name is Byun Baekhyun from class 3B. What's yours?"

"I'm Cho Aera from 3A."

And that was when our friendship began...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello Angel"