Stronger

Baekhyun's POV

"Baekhyun, can you umm... stay with me tonight, please? You don't have to if you can't! It's just, I umm-" I heard Aera ask as I sat on the edge of her bed. She was already lying down to sleep after showering and I was tucking her in. "Don't worry. I'll be here when you wake up," I answered her, giving a wide grin. She smiled back, exhausted. She then moved towards the wall which the bed was against and tapped the space beside her. I raised an eyebrow in question. She chuckled and said, "I don't want you to sleep on the floor. You can sleep here. Just... don't do anything stupid, okay?" I chortled at what she said and laid down next to her. It was a single bed so it was a little squeezy but I didn't mind. It just meant that I could be closer to the person I love. Although, I wanted to hug and cuddle with her really badly. Come on Baekhyun, she hasn't even given you the green light with being your girlfriend. I stopped myself from doing anything I felt like Aera wouldn't be comfortable with and just faced her.

"Aera, are you really alright? You can tell me anything so you don't have to keep it all bottled up," I queried. I felt like she was hiding her feelings. When we reached her apartment, she kept quiet all the way and only gave "yes" or "no" answers. I knew that she was feeling fear, anxious, downcast, anger and worry. She even wanted someone with her because she has these feelings. I knew her well enough to have this knowledge but, I needed her to express herself. Or else, she is going to explode if she keeps it all in.

She sighed and did something that I didn't see coming. She wrapped her arms around my waist and laid her head on my chest. I hugged her back when I heard her sniffle. "I'm scared Baekhyun. I'm scared that someone would see the pictures she took. I'm scared that everyone will forever think my sisters abandoned me when they didn't. I'm scared that Se Na was right about them. I mean, they were going towards the airport after all. But why, why would they do that? I miss my sisters so much. I missed you so much too. Not being able to talk to you was hell. I just wish I could confidently tell you how I feel but I can't, I'm just a coward."

I caressed Aera's back as she vented. She was really affected by what Se Na did. I reassured her and advised her that she should take some time off from school to collect herself, as well as to not see that Se Na for a while. She agreed and said that she would call our teacher tomorrow to inform her.

After Aera dozed off in my arms, I quietly got up and called my parents outside of her room to inform them that I would stay with her. It was only 9 pm so they were still awake. They said okay and told me to take care of her. I then went back and realised that Aera was perspiring. Beads of sweat were trickling down her head but, she pulled the sheets tighter and was wrapped around like a cocoon with her blanket. Worried, I whipped out the thermometer she kept in one of her drawers and took her temperature. 38.9 degrees. I then scurried to the bathroom and filled up a basin with ice-cold water. I brought it to her bedside and placed a towel inside. After wringing it, I placed it gently on her forehead. For the rest of the night, I kept changing the towel and checking her temperature. Eventually, even I fell asleep.

The next morning, I felt something move and woke up to see Aera sitting up on her bed. "Baekhyun, why are you sleeping while sitting on the chair with your head on the bed? I told you to sleep beside me. By the way, why is there a towel on my head? Did I get a fever? Is that why I feel so weak right now?" I got up and stretched my arms. I then sat on her bed and answered all of her queries. She sighed and fell back onto the bed. I then told her to rest first and see a doctor later on. She agreed.

I got up and was about to leave when she grabbed my arm. "You haven't gotten any proper sleep yet. Shouldn't you rest first? There's still time before school," She suggested but I shook my head. "I have something to do first in school. I'll tell you when I get back. I'll help you go see a doctor after school, alright? Until then, rest first and if there is anything you need, just call me." She nodded with a smile and greeted me goodbye.