The Ouduksini

The sun was long up and so was Hjejin, she didn't want to get scolded by her seniors again. Her phone started to ring and when she checked who it was, she found it was Haneul.

"Hello, hey what's up?" Hjejin picked up the phone and asked.

"Senior, I wanted to inform you about  something, we're no longer assigned to those missing cases so if you have any files or evidence report at your house please bring them to station so we can give them to other officers.

"What, why?" Hjejin asked in disbelief she has a feeling that she was very close to find the suspect behind the cases.

"Who cares unnie, I'm just so happy we can now do something that we can solve." When Haneul didn't get any reply she added. "Please come safely, bye."

Hjejin sighed and collected every evidence and information she had found so far and picked her bags and left for her job. Week has passed and many new cases were assigned to Hjejin's team and of course they were solving them.

***
Lee Rang confronted the imoogi for the first time and now he wanted Yeon's woman dead but it looked like that imoogi has something else planned.

By his influence on people, he interfered in human's matters which he never did. He made arrangements for the missing cases to be wiped away from Hjejin's life because he didn't want her to know anything about him or his world. The pity in her eyes that night still haunted him she should had fear in her eyes not pity, he didn't wanted anyones pity and after a week everything went back as it should be.
But Lee Rang has no idea nothing was going as he planned because now the imoogi was planning to test him too with someone many people has no idea existed, 'Ouduksini'

Oudksini, a urban legend who feeds on people's darkest fears.

Door bell rung which made Lee Rang annoyed, as this house was his safe place no one disturbed him here but someone has chosen death now. He opened the door and by looking at the person, he understood she was a peddler trying to sell her vegetable juice. He denied and started shutting the door when that woman blocked the door and held his hand and asked "what do you fear the most, young man?"

Lee Rang replied. "Nuisances like you, peddlers. Get lost!"

That woman stood in front of his door and smiled. "I saw it."

That Ouduksini didn't stopped there and went to many places to haunt people which included Hjejin's apartment.

Hjejin stood in her living room trying to figure out what an"imoogi" was. She never forgot anything but she has played her part really well. She hasn't sleptfor weeks as she was researching urban legend. She came home early today from the station ans started working again.

Same thing happened, the door bell rang and Hjejin went to open the door. A woman in her working cloths, bottle in her hand stood smiling at the door and the first thing that woman did was to held Hjejin's hand and said "we are giving free samples, do you wanna buy some vegetables juice?"

"Thank you but no. I already have lots of juices in my fridge I won't need this."

"That's alright but what's your darkest fear?" The woman asked still holding her hand tight. The Ouduksini looked confused because all she could see was Lee Rang's fears in her and she didn't understand  why  but at the end she successfully found her fears. She smiled and let go of her hand and left.

Hjejin closed the door and suddenly a random song started playing and she fell unconscious on her apartment floor.

As she opened her eyes her vision was blurry, she blinked twice and concentrated to focus. She watched people of ancient times and with an stick they were beating Lee Rang.

At first she thought it was just a dream but as she watched properly the pain in Lee Rang face seemed real so she jumped in front of them to save him but it looked like no one could hear her, see her and feel her. She didn't understand what was happening and the next second all the humans were gone.

Hjejin tried to get Lee Rang's attention but just like everyone else he felt nothing so at last she decided to stick with Lee Rang. The blood in Lee Rang head looked so real for a dream.

Lee Rang walked inside a room so did Hjejin and a woman dressed as anciently as the room was. She was slouched at the end of the room shivering in fear. Hjejin thought she was another victim of Lee Rang but the truth was beyond her imagination.

"I knew it, you saw everything that day. Mom." Lee Rang said his eyes looked as he was in so much pain.

The woman replied. "You should've never been born. I tried almost everything to get rid of you while you were in my womb. I drank the brewed liquid from poisonous plants, rolled down hills and even banged my stomach with rocks. Being a monster you are, you just wouldn't die." She stopped and yelled. "You even survived the beating from all those fit men. You're a monster, my boy."

After listening to this Hjejin was weeping, she couldn't believe anyone could say such thing to someone and that someone was Lee Rang's mother.

Lee Rang's mother took his hand and shouted. "Come with me." And instantly Lee Rang removed her hand and touched his back of his head it was bleeding and then the surrounding changed again.

That peddler woman stood in far distance and warned, more like taunted Lee Rang. "Just so you know, dying here will end your life for real."

Suddenly Ouduksini looked at the other side where Hjejin stood she looked at her in confusion. "Why was this woman here?" She thought to herself and by using her powers she sent Hjejin to her darkest fear.

Once again the surrounding changed now she stood in her old house where she used to live with her mother when her father was alive.

The dream just started but she already wanted to get out of there because she knew what was going to happen now.

Her parents started fighting again, she tried to close her ears with her hands but nothing seemed to work and just like that day her father ran outside. She ran to stop him from leaving just like she did when she was little but that time she couldn't save her father but this time she did and her father stopped and smiled at her. "Let's go home."

Next she was in her living room watching T.V. with her mother and father. They laughed and played all day long. Even if it was just a dream Hjejin never wanted to wake up from this.

Time passed and no worry came Hjejin's way but still she felt bad for Lee Rang. She wanted to know if he was alright.

A/n
Hello. First to fall happy new year everyone. I know this year came with many challenges and some of you conquered them and some are still conquering them which is fine. Just wanna tell you I'm proud of you and you are doing amazing, don't worry it'll work out somehow.

I'm thinking of making the story spicy now with romance in it so stay tuned.
Thank you <3