Past Memories

When a fox turn 100, it could become a beautiful woman or has a relationship with one, a fox that lived for 1000 of years makes a connection with the sky, such an extraordinary ability to had.
Lee Rang on the other hand lived for 600 years, he couldn't influence the sky but he surely could influence the life of his older brother Lee Yeon, who was a true nine tailed fox who lived for 1000 years unlike him who was illegitimate son, a half-fox.

Lee Rang with his animals instict watched Hjejin leave the Funeral Parlor, overcoming the feeling of following her he sat on one of the tables to meet Ji-Ah.
When Ji-Ah entered, Lee Rang playfully told her to sit down next to him or else her friend who was mourning over her dead mother would be the next one in line to die.

***

It was dangerous to drive a car with eyes filled with tears so Hjejin lowered her speed, she missed her father so much if only he was alive she wouldn't have to live like an orphan.
As she parked her car in the parking lot, she wiped her tears and saw her phone for the first time since she left the police station. As she checked her phone.

17 missed calls
2 messages
1 voice mail

Her phone flashed. She opened the messages as she knew the calls were from her mother so she ignored them and the messages were one from her mother and other from her step sister it said "hey, Hjejinaa where are you mother said you were coming."
Once upon a time she used to be her friend who was rich but unfortunately didn't had a mother. Hjejin never envied her because even if she hasn't had any money she still had her mother by her side but now she has nothing and her step sister has everything what an irony.

Hjejin moved to the voice mail and her mother's squeaky voice came out
"Why would you go there today, it's not his death anniversary stop wasting your time. You are such a ungrateful child--" She switched off her phone without finishing the voice mail.

It took her time to reach her home but finally she was there. She lived in top floor and her building has no elevator so she walked and walked. According to her mother her apartment was small and that's why Hjejin loved it, her apartment only had a living room attach with 3 small rooms: bedroom, bathroom and kitchen which were Hjejin's paradise.
She didn't have to be in control there, she could smile, cry, do anything she wanted.
She undressed herself and changed to some comfortable clothes and a warm sweater with some snacks in hand she took 4 soju bottles (Korean alcohol) and went upstairs to terrace. The stairs inside her apartment was one of the other way to terrace that's why this apartment was her paradise.

The night was covered with blackness with shining stars just like sparkling dust
She chucked glasses of soju and drifted to sleep.

What she didn't knew was Lee Rang stood below her apartment following her human scent, he stood beside his car, hand crossed in front of his chest and now he was disappointed at himself because he followed her. Lee Rang wanted to see Lee Yeon's lady in distress when she was being chased by all those ghosts but instead he stalked Hjejin here.

After that funeral day nothing went according to Lee Rang's plan. His brother already saved Ji-Ah and now Lee Rang was asking himself questions like 'who meant something important to him' and whenever he taught about it his brother image would come to his mind and he hated that. Deep in his heart he knew it was the truth but his grief and pride wouldn't let him accept it.

Lee Rang stood in the most expensive shop to buy a watch, the salesman looked decent to him, Lee Rang indifferently choose an expensive watch from the counter and gave it to the salesman. As the salesman was setting the time of the watch Lee Rang's eyes caught the attention of salesman's watch.

He asked the salesman about the watch he was wearing the salesman said it was given by his father and the words written on it was taught by him to his father.

Smiling Lee Rang said "give me this."

The salesman taught he was joking and replied "you can't be serious?"

"No, I want to know which one will you choose."

Lee Rang left the shop with the salesman's watch, agreeing with the fact that humans were fickle minded, they would only love a person until someone more important or influenced would come to their life and this watch in his hand was the proof and still to this day he couldn't understand why his own brother would abandoned his place in the mountains for such a disgraced species.

As he entered the car, Yoori smiled at him and asked curiously "what's that?"

"Something very important to a young man, just a moment ago" He stated.
Yoori started the car and Lee Rang dropped the watch from the car window the car next to there's crushed the watch into pieces.

After a while ge heard a whine, a dog whine he instantly commanded Yoori to stop the car, they followed the sound of the dog whining and it let them to a car dumpster.
Some teenage boys were hurting an innocent dog.
Rang's blood boiled seeing that, his hatred for humans grew even more.

Rang beat the hell out of those jerks while Yoori helped him by stabbing her hair pin in one those jerks bodies. At the end he altered their memories making them forget about who did this to them but not the beating and why it was given in first place and both Rang and Yoori walked away.

                 ~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

A/n

I know the chapter is small and not really interesting but I have to do this for story plot. Critics are most welcome.

Thank you for your votes and comment, I owe you a big time.
Thank <3