12. Separated

****A/N: So quick reminder - all my notes deleted then came back a week later then three days later deleted again, and then came back. I logged onto my email tonight to see what was left over cuz I used to email myself the chapters I had finished, and the last couple times I hadn't bc lazy me, and I saw this little tab on the side that said Notes and I opened it and voila! They were all there :) so here is an update, and I'll be updating Controlled right after this one. So I love you and thank you for your patience and understanding!****

Chapter Twelve

Separated

*Sage's POV* 

I sat on the bed, my knees curled to my chest. "And he's just okay with that?" I mumbled, glancing at Niall and Tanner, who were talking in soft tones, eyes locked intently. 

Niall turned to me, sighing sadly. "No, actually. He's vetoed the idea of it many times, but they do it behind his back, and mistreat the girls. So he allowed it publicly, as long as they followed the rules he set out. It's bad either way, but the girls are getting paid and they have weekly check ups and are fed well. Plus, they volunteer to do it. So it's alright. But I imagine Liam is down there breaking it down, sending those girls home with a big check." 

Tanner nodded. "It's true." 

Niall grinned at him and Tanner smirked back. "I filled Tanner in on the plan," Niall said. 

"Plan? What plan?" 

"Did Liam not tell you?" 

I shook my head. "He was about to tell me something but some guy came up and said they needed Liam," I explained. "What's the plan?"

Niall sighed. "Liam has to tell you. It's his right. But it's good. I just hope, for you, we can pull it off." 

Tanner slung his arm around me. "With a mate like Liam, you'll be fine. He won't let anyone lay a finger on you," he claimed. "You're good as gold." 

"Are you going to come?" I quizzed, leaning against him. 

He leaned his chin on my head. "I dunno, little one." 

"Please. I can't leave you here. Even if the sex is good."

Tanner snickered. "Maybe. We'll see. What you need to worry about is getting you and Liam out. Right, Niall?" 

Niall nodded. "Exactly. You and him come first." 

I nodded slowly, yawning. "Why am I always so tired here?" 

Niall and Tanner exchanged looks, both looking suddenly uneasy. "Guys?" I repeated. 

"Your food is drugged," Tanner said. 

Niall smacked him. "You're not supposed to say that!" 

"By who? Liam?" 

"Sort of. The cook does it. It happens with all of the female pets. It isn't so much to make you sleepy, as to make you calm, it's antianxiety medication." 

"Only females need it?" 

"Some male pets have before. But they be found that most females need it or else they'll try... bad things." 

"Like?" 

"The biggest is suicide. You can ask Liam to take you off of it. Usually it's just for the first little while, whilst you're getting used to the atmosphere," Tanner claimed. "I took it for a while."