22. Needed

Chapter Twenty Two

Needed

Liam's POV

Okay, before we get started I have to thank you all for 35,000 reads! Holy shart! I remember when this first hit 100 reads *sniffles* what an honor! 

Have any of you been here from the beginning? When did you start reading? 

Also, shameless self promotion, just ignore this if you'd like and move on to the story! I have a photography instagram account and if you'd like to follow it, the username is socalming 

idk why any of you would want to follow it but yeah :) ALRIGHT LETS GET TO THE CHAPTER

ON YOUR MARK

GET SET

GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGGO! 

I couldn't help but be jealous at the sight of Sage holding Niall's hand in the hospital room. Every once in awhile, her hand would rest on his bicep. And Niall seemed pleased with all the attention.

"Does it hurt? Anything?" she asked him for what seemed like the hundredth time.

Sage was like a little nurse for him, always making sure his pain meds were up and feeling his forehead - which was covered in a thin layer of sweat. The moment we got into the room, she stationed herself at his side, giving him a gentle hug and then hustling around to make sure he was comfy. All I could do was sit in the corner and watch. It was both adorable and annoying at the same time. Sage was too much of a good soul, but at the same time I wished it was me she was doting on.

The torrid image of Sage dressed up in one of those skimpy nurse costumes came to mind, and I wanted to slap myself for conjuring that up in this time. It would be so hot though; little Sage prancing around in a tight and short costume, her big innocent eyes contrasting the whole deal.

"Liam? Liam," someone snapped their fingers in my face, bringing me back. Sage was frowning at me from Niall's side. "What were you thinking about?" she asked curiously.

Niall raised an eyebrow at me. "Yeah, bro. Fill us in," he pressed teasingly, as if my thoughts had been projected to him.

"Nothing, princess, nothing at all."

Niall snorted and leaned towards Sage, whispering something. Her eyes got big and her jaw dropped as she quickly picked herself up and ran over to me, throwing her arms around me and burying her head in my chest. "I don't mean to upset you. I am just so worried about Niall-"

"It's fine. I can't help but be protective over you. You're just helping him, and he needs it," I replied, stroking her hair gently.

And just like that, she was skipping back over to Niall's side. This time she pressed the back of her fingers to his cheek, and he grinned like a fool. "You're so pale," Sage said sadly.

"Strange. I feel great. I don't even remember why I'm in here in the first place," Niall claimed jokingly. "Just part of the whole I-just-got-shot thing, Sage. Relax. I'm high on pain medication, my side is all closed up, I've got a cute girl looking after me, and the entertainment of said cute girl's jealous mate. I'm okay."

Sage rolled her eyes, giggling when my chest rumbled in a warning growl. "There isn't anything I can get you?"

Niall made a thoughtful look, and I could only pray that he didn't ask for any sexual favors in his drugged state. Even if he was hurt and he was my best mate, I don't think he'd get away without a hand to the face. "I could really go for a pint, actually. Got any of those in your back pockets?" he quizzed.