16. Sold

Chapter Sixteen

Sold

Sage's POV

I felt something shaking my shoulder, and then prodding my leg gently. I thought it was Liam, badgering me to move over or to stop stealing the blankets, or to tell me he had a meeting or something, so you could imagine my surprise when I opened my eyes to see Alicia standing over me with a wicked smile on her face.

Before I could let out a shriek for help or scramble away from her, she jabbed something into my thigh. I yelped, glancing down to see her emptying a syringe into me.

"Alright, princess, let's go see what you're really worth, eh?" she sneered. She gripped my arm, towing me out of the bed. I was amazed by how strong she was, but then I remembered she was a werewolf. I still dug my heels into the floor frantically, yelping for Liam. "He's in a meeting. He'll see you when you're good and ready for him, so shut up," she snapped at me.

I was dragged out of the room, where two large guys stood, one with a pair of shackles. Alicia roughly threw me at him, and my hands were instantly locked behind my back. "What's going on?" I squeaked, recoiling when a metal collar was locked around my neck.

"I told you, idiot. We are seeing what you're really worth," she hissed, and I received a painful yank on my hair. "Humans are so daft."

The two men lifted me so my feet were just off the ground, continuing to carry me down the hallway. I whimpered nervously, trying to kick and squirm my way out of their grip, but their hands just tightened on me painfully, nails digging into my flesh.

I cried out in pain as I felt one of their nails biting through my skin. I tried to call out for Liam again, but found my voice faltering, barely any noise escaping. Alicia snickered, rolling her eyes. "Finally." "Wha... What did you give m... give me?" I mumbled as fog filled my head. My vision twisted, making everything I looked at disfigured and broken. I closed my eyes tightly, attempting to blink away the problem, but when I reopened them, nothing had changed. A sharp pain thumped in the back of my head, and I groaned.

"P-Puh... Please," I stuttered tiredly.

My body went limp all at once, as if my limbs became noodles. I couldn't even raise my head. The two cavemen carrying me stopped, and I felt my face being cupped and lifted. Alicia smiled sweetly at me, but in her eyes I saw the sick intentions. Whatever demented plans she had for me, they were there, in her sight.

."Little, sweet, innocent human. I'm really only doing you and Liam a favor, you know. He may even thank me after this. But before we get on with it... I need to get you all dressed up, yeah?" she sneered, dropping my head.

"What do you think, boys? Should we just have her show naked, or find a costume for our newest attraction?" I could hear their chuckles rumble in their chests.

"Costume, definitely," one said.