24. Bound

Chapter Twenty Four

Bound

Niall raised his eyebrows when he saw me walking into his hospital room with Liam following, his hand clipped to my waist.

"Did you have to leave such obvious hickeys? You're a rookie, Liam," Niall snorted.

I clapped my hands over my throat automatically, blushing like mad. Liam gave a quick glance around to check if the coast was clear before pulling me into his side and kissing the side of my face, his lips drawn up into a smile. "Gotta mark the territory. But don't worry, I have more that you can't see."

Niall's face twisted into a scowl of distaste. "No thanks."

I giggled, hiding in Liam's warm chest. Liam rubbed my back before pushing me towards the spinning chair by Niall. I bounced onto it and slid beside him. "How are you feeling today?" I asked immediately, holding out his glass of water to him.

"Much better. The pack doctor might let me go back to my room tonight, but I'll be on bed rest. I may be able to walk by tomorrow," he said, giving Liam a pointed look. "We need to make a plan."

Liam towed another chair over and plopped next to me, nodding slowly and thoughtfully. He kept his gaze on me, his expression not giving many clues to what he was thinking about. "We do. And we will. Tonight, once you get back into your room we will meet up and talk. It's too public here."

Liam had a foot on the leg of my chair, pushing me and then pulling me back out of boredom. When I gave him a questioning look, he leaned forward to cup my chin, about to press his lips to mine when the door to the room opened and one of his pack members came in. Liam jerked back and gaped at the pack member, who was also gaping back at us. He knew, by the look he was giving us, he knew it was more than just a Pet to Master interaction.

Liam got to his feet, cursing under his breath, just as the guy who stepped in ducked out. "I'll be right back, I promise," Liam murmured, brows knit together. "Stay here."

I watched Liam speed-walk out of the door and chase the guy, before turning to Niall, who bit his lip. "Looks like this escape will have to come a little quicker than we thought."

After what felt like hours of waiting for Liam to come back, I was half-laying on Niall's bed with my head resting on my arms. The Irish gimp was already out, and I had just started to follow suit when a hand touched my back. A gentle kiss was pressed to my cheek before the hair that was in my face was brushed away. Liam kissed the corner of my mouth and trailed softly to my ear.

"Wake up, gorgeous. Let's go to our room."

I shook my head, pushing him away. "Don't wanna move."

"It'll only take a minute, then you can go back to sleep. Come on, love," Liam murmured, helping me to my feet. "We'll see if Niall is ready to move when you wake up."

I nodded sleepily, rubbing my eyes and yawning. "I'd carry you if I could, but we've already had one too many close calls today," he explained as he guided me towards the door. I slowly trudged in front of him, and I could tell Liam was trying to play up the whole "Master" role by sending off dominating vibes as he towered over me. But once we got to our room, he dropped it by wrapping his arms around me and kissing the top of my head.

"I hate this. I hate it so much," he growled. "You deserve so much better."

Liam gently lifted me up and set me into bed, pulling the blankets up to my shoulders before sitting beside me. "I shouldn't have kept you. I'm so sorry," he told me.