Chapter 1: A not-so-average day in Hell

We open up on you tossing and turning in bed in a crappy, run-down apartment. You're shown sweating while many past scenarios replayed in your recurring nightmares.

Judge: Detective Y/N L/N. This court finds you guilty. You are sentenced to life in prison.

???: Sorry, partner. Should've just taken the deal you were offered.

Prison Guard: Alert the Warden! Prisoner 1999 has escaped!

???: Y/N?!

Y/N: Long time no see...fucker. 

Bang!

Police officer: Drop the gun! We have you surrounded! 

Y/N: Make me!

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

Police officer: Suspect is deceased. I repeat; suspect is deceased. 

You woke up, panting heavily. Your alarm clock read 6:00 AM. You instantly reached to your chest which contained scars from the four bullets that struck you all those years ago.

Y/N: Maybe tonight's sleep will be better...pfft. Good one, me. 

You turned on the tv, which showed the daily 666 news, and it's two anchors.

???: Good morning, I'm Katie Killjoy!

???: And I'm Tom Trench!

You immediately turned the tv off and tossed the remote on your bed in disgust.

Y/N: ...I hate this channel. 

You stumbled over to your kitchen to prepare your usual breakfast; Hell flakes and Coffee with a dash of Whisky. 

Y/N: Another day in Hell, another day to eliminate the scum that the exterminators left behind yesterday. 

You put on your bulletproof vest and equipped yourself with your pistol, teargas, flash bangs, and riot shield. To the denizens of Hell, you were known as "Bad Cop", a ruthless Vigilante who murdered condemned sinners. Outside your apartment window, you noticed what looked be a group of mobsters from the roaring twenties getting ready to rob a liquor store.

Y/N: ...Jackpot.

You rushed down the stairs and kicked the door to the apartment building open, nearly knocking it off it's hinges.

Landlord: Jesus, Y/N! I have to pay for that you know! 

Y/N: And some criminals right across the street have to pay, Rocco. Just be glad infidelity is only frowned upon, and not illegal. 

Rocco: (Nervous) Uh...whatever you say, Y/N. 

You dashed across the street and noticed the mobsters holding the cashier of the liquor store at gunpoint.