Seeing Stars

A/N: Credit to Renowned-Wolf for helping with a couple of things.

The scene opens with a shot of a galaxy, Stolas with narrating over it.

Stolas: In the great expanse of the nether there exists boundless amounts of magnificent phenomenon the great brilliance of an exploding star, the nimble dance of space dust through a nebula but once every one thousand years our corner of reality is treated to an incredible sight from the deep eldritch recesses of the cosmos the tears of a forgotten colossus begin to fall.

Stolas: Tears made of the hopes and dreams of every living thing that never came to be. Condensed and sent shooting across the night sky in a dazzling final display. What appears to mortal beings as a meteor shower we can see for what it is: Azathoth's Tears.

Octavia (Young): *Giggles* Daddy, can we go see it someday?

Stolas: Yes, dear. I promise, when the day comes nothing will be able to keep me from being there with you. Good night, my Owlette.

Octavia (Young): *Yawns* Good night!

She turns and wiggles and giggles in her bed.

Scene shifts to present Octavia, still looking happy

 She's circling a drawing on a calendar of her face, Stolas' face, and a meteor shower

 She's circling a drawing on a calendar of her face, Stolas' face, and a meteor shower. The starfall is "today". She hops down a hallway putting on her boot.

Octavia: Hey, dad!

She looks in her kitchen and around the manor, but he isn't there.

Octavia: Dad? Dad?

She sees an open foyer door, we hear Stolas' voice coming through it.

Stolas: Yes, I know!

The scene jumps to Stolas out front on the phone with Stella , squeezing a servant in his other hand. Imps are loading items into a van.

Stolas: It will be there, shortly. Of course they're being careful!

Octavia: Dad, what's going on?

Stolas: Apparently,  your mother can't exist somewhere for two minutes without the entirety of her possessions--

Stella is yelling something incomprehensibly in response through the phone as he speaks.

Stolas: What? No! I'm not turning her against you-- Yes, Stella!