Loo Loo Land

Credit to Renowned Wolf for helping me with this chapter.

A/N: Retconing one thing. Moxxie and Millie are in an open relationship and Millie is one of your girlfriends as of this chapter.

Scene opens roughly twelve years in the past.

A shot of the exterior of the Goetia's Mansion at night, before cutting to the master bedroom where Stolas and Stella are asleep. Octavia's frightened voice can be heard from offscreen.

Octavia: [offscreen] Mummy! Daddyyyy!

Stolas is roused from his sleep. He turns to Stella who has most of the blanket.

Stolas: [sleepily] Mmph. Via's calling us, Stella.

Stella: [sleepily] You get up.

Stolas sighs and gets out of bed, and enters Octavia's room, where she is hiding beneath her blankets.

Stolas: Via? What troubles you, my owlet?

Octavia: [sobbing] Daddy! Daddy!

Octavia climbs down from her bed and runs into her father's arms. Stolas hoists her up to comfort her.

Octavia: [sobbing] I had a dream! A really bad dream!

Stolas: [yawns and wipe away Octavia's tear] A nightmare.

Octavia: [sobbing] I was looking all over the palace, and... I couldn't find you anywhere! You weren't there!

Stolas: [pats Octavia on the back comfortingly] There there, Via, it's okay. You're okay.

Stolas summons his Grimoire to him telekinetically as he walks Octavia back to bed.

Stolas: When you're scared, and you don't know where I am, you must remember...

Stolas: No matter what happens to me, I will never be far away... from my special little star fire.

♫ It always seems more quiet... in the dark ♫

Stolas: ♫ It always feels so stark... how silence grows under the moon ♫

[Stolas and Octavia float up through the portal and into the cosmos, landing on a barren moon.]

Stolas: ♫ Constellations gone so soon ♫

♫ I used to think that I was bold ♫

Stolas: ♫ I used to think love would be fun ♫