|| 6 ||

"Hey, Narancia." Mista spoke up. Narancia turns to Mista with a neutral expresssion, "Huh?" His eyes are on Mista who is leaning against the wall of the safehouse on the second floor. Mista's hands occupy themselves with his revolver's barrel. "What do you think of her?" Narancia is confused with his question. 

"Who?" 

"Come on, you know who I mean!" Mista hisses. His cheeks turn warm when thinking about the mute woman for a moment. His friend caught on what he is saying. "Ohhh, she seems pretty cool even if she doesn't talk." Narancia said, "You should have seen her fight - she can disappear in thin air like a magician." He made a poor attempt of describing how she fights. That only increase Mista's interest in her. "Why?" Narancia had to ask. 

His purple eyes caught sight of Mista's pink cheeks. The gunner move closer to the teenager. "Did you see her looking at me back at Marina?" He reminded him in which Narancia shakes his head. "You must be seeing things." He doesn't believe Mista is saying. "She was c-h-e-c-k-i-n-g me out!" He spells it out to him in a quiet voice. "I don't believe you." 

"You-!" 

Behind the door, Trish painfully listen to their conversation. "They aren't exactly quiet about it." She thought to herself. The pink haired girl resume reading her magazine, she is fine for now since Latte brought the things she wanted. At least their conversation gives her a bit of background noise while reading. 

+++

Bruno kept his eyes on Latte who decide to make a toasted beef sandwich for the team on the road. She doesn't have to do thing but she won't take no as an answer. Latte wrote to him that they need all the energy for future fights. After all, they are humans. This gesture made Bruno see her a bit differently than before. Maybe it is wrong for them to be suspicious of her but they have to cautious. Being cautious kept them alive this long. 

Sending Latte with Narancia was a good idea since it test Latte's character. Bruno notes that she has a bit of intelligence with her plan. She didn't betray him then again, she is loyal since she is a Passione member. Bruno will give her a bit of trust for now. Anything that cause him to mistrust her, he will deal with it himself. 

Two taps on the wooden table made Bruno look up. Latte hold up a wrapped sandwich to him. In her other hand is a sandwich for herself in which she took a bite. This gesture silently tells him that she doesn't do anything to tamper with their food. She motions him to eat. 

"Ah, thank you." Bruno took the sandwich and unwraps it. Taking the first bite, the meat is cooked well with a layer of lettuce, tomato, and mozzarella cheese. He has to admit, it is delicious. He looks up to see Latte waiting for his thoughts of her sandwich. "It's delicious." Bruno said with a smile. She smiles in satisfaction. "Tell the rest of them to be ready to move." He adds. She gestures to the brown bag which holds the other sandwiches. 

Latte left Bruno to walk to the second floor. Within a couple minutes, they move to their van. Bruno is their driver and Narancia took the middle seats. Trish sit beside Latte while Mista took the other side at the back row. Mista and Narancia eat their sandwiches with vigor. It seems they were hungry. Trish and Latte quietly eat theirs. 

They picked up Leone, Fugo, and Giorna as they successfully complete their mission. They look worst for wear - telling Latte that they encountered an enemy also. On the ride to their designation, Bruno hands the others their sandwiches. They eat it without a single thought. Leone painfully accept that Latte is a decent cook after eating everything.