-Bored Demons-

Red had been hiding under the covers of Zachary's bed the entire day, refusing to talk to anyone.

Whenever Solomon or Zachary would try to talk to him, he'd turn away or not respond to them.

"Come on Red, get up." Zachary mumbled as he dragged Red out from under the covers and carried the tired Hellbeast in his arms to the kitchen.

"Leave me alone..." Red sleepily mumbled, covering his eyes with his hands as Zachary carried him into the next room.

Zachary set Red down on the kitchen floor, where some fresh sausages and eggs sat on a plate, as Solomon ate the leftovers he was given.

"Come on, you have to eat..." Solomon mumbled as Red refused to eat any of the food Zachary had made him.

"...I don't feel like it...." He mumbled as he curled up into a ball on the cold floor.

"What's wrong with him today?" Zachary wondered, worryingly looking at Red as he remained curled up in a ball of the floor.

"None of your business." Red mumbled to Zachary. He could still hear everything he was thinking.

No matter what Zachary or Solomon did, nothing could make Red get up or do anything. They just gave up afterwards before Zachary had to leave for work.

Shortly after Zachary had left, Solomon began looking around the apartment for something to entertain him since Red certainly wasn't going to.

Solomon eventually found a lazer pointer, and that gave him an idea... he was going to mess with Red.

*****

Solomon sat on top of the kitchen table as he shone the small red light near Red's arm, which he swatted at before Solomon moved it near the fridge, when Red lunged at before Solomon kept repeatedly moving the light before Red could "catch" it.

Solomon chuckled as he watched Red chase after the light as if it where prey wherever he moved it. He found it ridiculous how Red chased after it wherever it went.

He watched as Red nearly knocked over every single thing in his path as he chased the lazer down.

The table? Almost knocked over.

The lamp? Almost fell off of the table.

And so on and so forth.

Solomon was right, this was a good idea, and it was certainly entertaining.

Although... it sort of made a mess. Eh, he thought he'd clean it up later.

*****

Although Red eventually got tired of chasing the lazer pointer, Solomon kept trying to get him to chase after it once more, but gave up once Red crawled back under Zachary's bed to sleep.

"Come on, just a few more minutes?" Solomon asked, leaning against the bedframe.

"...No... I don't feel like it..." Red mumbled as he curled up into a ball under the bed. "Leave me alone..."

"Alright then... your loss." Solomon shrugged, getting away from the side of the bed before climbing up on it.

Solomon quietly lay on the bed for a minute, bored out of his mind. He really wanted something exciting to do, like fly somewhere else, or be around someone else other then Red.

But... he knew that wouldn't end too well. He thought someone would try to kill him if he were to go out flying at this time...

He could tell that Red was just as bored, if not even more bored, then he was. Red let out a deep sigh as he crawled out from under the bed and lay down next to him.

"You bored too?"

"..Yes."

...

"You know what might or might not be an okay idea?"

"What?"

"Going out flying sometime-"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Someone might kill us..."

"Who? Nobody can kill us if we're in the air..."

"Yeah, but someone might see us, call a news crew or a swat team, or something to hurt us or Zachary!"

"Hm... Good point... once those people find out we're here they won't shut up about it... and they surely won't leave Zachary alone..."

"They might kill him, or- or think that he's planning to do something bad with us- or- or-" Solomon begins trembling in fear as he starts to panic.

Red rests his head on Solomon's chest as he hugs the Demon Bat, calmly stroking the fur on his head to calm him as Solomon's panic slowly dies down...

"Shh.... don't worry... nobody's after us anymore... it's okay... " Red whispered, stroking Sol's hair as he hugged back.

The two Demons slowly got more and more comfortable hugging each other, that neither one of them really let go, like they were the only ones who had each other's backs.

Like they always had most of their lives.

They both wanted to go back home so badly... but couldn't.

All because the monsters wouldn't listen to their reasoning...

Both of them eventually fell asleep, still holding onto each other when Zachary came home that afternoon.

One of Zach's neighbors told him that they heard thumping sounds from the apartment earlier that day, and Zach was going to question the two Demons on it, but... No...

He brushed it off as he went to go figure out what he could have for dinner soon. He figured he could ask them about it whenever they woke up.

But, unbeknownst to Zachary... the two Demons had plans of leaving the apartment for a short while that night...