-Late Relaxation-

[WARNING: self harm]

Zachary let out a sigh of exhaustion once he made it into his safe apartment, closing and locking his apartment door behind him once he made it in with the two Demons in his possession...

Zachary's breath was shaking as he leaned against the door for support for a while, taking a moment to catch his breath before eventually setting both Red and Solomon down on the floor of the living room area of his apartment.

"Uh... hey Zach, are you alright?" Solomon asked, worryingly looking up at Zachary as he continued to lean against the wall for support.

"I... I just... need to rest... for... a bit..." Zachary mumbled out, before stumbling over to the couch and tiredly sitting down on it. He patted the spot next to him, "Come on, Sol... let's just... relax a bit..." He tiredly mumbled, grabbing the TV remote while Solomon climbed up on the couch and sat beside Zachary.

Zachary tiredly turned on the TV, flicking through a few random channels, looking for something to watch with Solomon as he stared at the screen in awe, before stopping at some kind of sitcom that was currently playing.

Zachary leaned back on the couch, exhausted, not exactly awake nor asleep, as he barely noticed Red hopping up onto the couch and laying on top of the back cushion. He let out a slight chuckle as he saw how both Demons stared at the TV, Solomon stared in awe at the TV and the show, while Red was noticeably confused either by the show or the TV itself.

Over time, he slowly slid in and out of consciousness, being awake for a few seconds, falling asleep for a bit, barely waking up again.

Red slightly leaned down towards him, startling Zachary awake for a minute, "Huh? What do you want, Red?" Zach sleepily mumbled.

"Are... you alright? You look tired...."

"Because I am tired..." Zachary mumbled out, exhausted.

Red's eyes slightly narrowed as he backed a bit away from Zachary, giving him space before shifting around a bit to get comfortable again.

Just as Red turned his attention back to the show playing on the TV, Zachary's eyelids grew heavy and tiredly closed, eventually drifting off to sleep shortly after.

*****

Zachary slowly shifted around to sit back up as he tiredly looked around the now dark living room of his apartment. He glanced over at the side of the couch to see Solomon in a deep sleep on the floor, before noticing Red, still resting on the back cushion of the couch, quietly staring at him.

"...what are you doing awake?"

Red slowly blinked, his eyes glowing, "Watching." He answered.

"Watching me sleep?"

"No. Watching for danger."

"What danger? Nobody's going to hurt us, Red."

"Potential danger."

"Why?"

"I... couldn't sleep."

Zachary was silent for a few seconds, thinking. "Then... why not stare out the window like you usually do?" He asked.

"Nothing interesting outside. The lights have damaged the night sky." The Hellbeast replied, shifting around to make himself more comfortable.

Both of them were silent for a while.

"Red?"

"Yes?"