-Revisiting The Game-

It had been months since Zachary had last played the cursed Nes Godzilla game, and months since he last touched it.

He hated the thought of what would happen if he were to play the game again, but he hated the thought of someone else playing the game and experiencing what he did, even more.

Zachary had tried a few times before to destroy the game, and throw it in the lake a few miles from his apartment, but he couldn't, he just couldn't.

He thought that, in a way, he had saved Melissa's soul from Red, and by destroying the game... Zachary just couldn't bring himself to do it. He just couldn't.

So, after multiple attempts of trying to bring himself to play the game, he finally did.

*****

Zachary found himself unable to fall asleep one night, as he tossed and turned in his bed for the past few hours, trying to get comfortable, but ultimately failing to.

Multiple thoughts centered around the cursed NES cartridge filled his mind, making him unable to sleep, before he reluctantly got out of bed and grabbed the NES Godzilla cartridge, and put in the NES, before turning on the TV, grabbing the controller, and sitting down at the end of his bed.

Zach silently watched as the title screen appeared on the TV, and the title screen music started playing through the speakers, before starting up the game, and selecting his saved game, the one where Red was defeated.

After Zach selected the save file, the screen was black. There was no music, no monsters, no map or world to move around, nothing.

At least, that's what he thought at first... Before he heard voices coming from the game.

Blueish- grey text appeared onscreen, "Do you really think that saying sorry is just going to fix everything?! Everything that you've done, and ruined?!" A voice shouted, before continuing, "Do you really think that just by apologizing, it's going to fix the fact that you killed all of us?! That you ate me and Mothra, burned Angirus' face off, and-"

The voice was interrupted by a voice that Zachary recognized, Red, who sounded weakened, as red text appeared onscreen.

"I said that I was sorry! I really am-" Before Red could continue, he was interrupted by another voice, Melissa.

"Really? You, sorry for killing all of us, and torturing me, all because you were mad that Solomon left?-" But she was interrupted by Red before she could finish.

Zachary just sat where he was, confused as to what was happening. It seemed like he had turned the game on at the wrong time, when all of the monsters, Melissa, and Red were having an argument.

From what Zachary could understand, Red was apparently sorry for everything horrible he had done both inside and outside the game, and Melissa, along with the other monsters, weren't accepting his apology.

All of the monsters and Melissa weren't willing to accept Red's apology, except for Solomon. Zachary understood why they wouldn't accept his apology, he did kill all of them, after all. But what he couldn't understand was why Solomon out of everyone else, would try to forgive Red.

"WHY CAN'T YOU JUST ACCEPT THAT I'M SORRY?!" Red yelled as his voice cracked, as it sounded like he was almost about to cry.

After that, everyone was silent for a second, until grey text appeared onscreen, and a deep voice that Zachary didn't recognize spoke. But Zachary knew that it certainly wasn't Red.

"Nobody ever forgives you, because they know you're not sorry." The voice got louder and louder as he went on, "Nobody ever trusts you because they know you're not trustworthy. Nobody ever likes you, because there is nothing good about you!" The voice yelled.

"I SAID THAT I'M SORRY-" Red shouted again, before being cut off by the same voice.

"You are nothing! You are nothing but a failure of a Demon, and that's all you'll ever be!" The voice yelled, before the screen flashed a bright and blinding Red, before Zachary felt something hit him in the head, hard enough to knock him back on his bed, and knock him out, unconscious.