-Runaway-

....why was it so cold?

Zachary slowly opened his eyes, why couldn't he move his hands? Why did the room smell... weird? Why.... wait- why wasn't he in his apartment?!

Zachary's tiredness quickly left him as his eyes quickly opened upon realizing he wasn't at his apartment like he assumed he was... he was somewhere else. He was sitting in a chair, his wrists handcuffed to the back of it, and his ankles cuffed to the chair's legs. He shifted around a bit, trying to get free, but stopped.

The room was poorly lit by a light that looked like it was going to burn out any minute.

There was a broken window to his side, where it looked like part of the ceiling and part of the wall was broken in, as large chunks of debris now lay in the small room that was on the other side of the window. Zachary squinted, and surely, there was blood on some of the debris... someone had been crushed, but who? And why?

Zachary heard a creaking sound, and looked at the door. His eyes widened once he saw who was there...

"Wh... Gezora...? What are you doing here?!"

One of the so-called 'Not-monsters' from the game under Red's command, Not-Gezora, was now here for whatever reason- seemingly there to free him, as one of the things the lanky creature had in its slimey hands- save for a long beaten up pipe and a knife, were a ring of keys.

The creature had come to save him, but why?

As Not-Gezora began working on getting Zachary's hands free, a loud bang that sounded much like a gunshot was heard, then another, and another, making Zach and Not-Gezora flinch each time.

"How... how did you even get here...?" Zachary quietly asked.

A few squishing sounds came from them as they continued working on freeing Zachary's hands. Squishing sounds that... didn't seem to answer his question.

"I, uh... can't understand you..." Zachary mumbled, before a sharp clicking sound was heard and he was now able to move his wrists. Not-Gezora had managed to break the cuffs off, now they had to move to his ankles...

As Not-Gezora got to work on freeing his ankles, Zach glanced back over at the now broken window and noticed that Not-Hedorah, another monster under Red's command, the creature crawled into the room from the broken window.

"How did...?-"

"Warlock booted us out of the game." The snake-like creature explained with a sigh. Just as Zachary had quickly suspected...

"Warlock tried to make himself our new boss, and we weren't having it. Right after he booted Red out, he managed to forcefully change our looks a bit before he gave up on us once we rebelled and kicked us out."

Not-Hedorah shook their head, "He really was a fool for thinking we'd follow his orders without question after he forced his way to the top by tossing out our old boss..." They muttered. A low whirring noise was heard as a somewhat scratched up Not-Moguera slowly flew into the room, which Zachary noticed.

"So... was it just you three that were kicked out?" Zachary asked as Not-Gezora was still working on freeing his ankles.

"As far as we know, yes... the three of us, our boss, and his old friend are now somehow out of the game." Not-Hedorah answered. His head rose at the loud click of Not-Gezora finally breaking the cuffs on Zachary's ankles.

Zachary slowly stood up, regaining his balance and feeling in his feet as he did so, stumbling back a bit.

"Do any of you know where we are? Or where Red or Solomon could possibly be?" He asked, turning to Not-Hedorah as they looked up at him, before lowering their head, thinking for a moment.

"I believe I may know where the boss and his old friend may be, but-" Not-Hedorah frantically looked around for a second, seemingly scared of something, "We- we better get going before other people get wind of this, and this messy situation gets even messier. I'm not very fast, but I assume you have the strength to carry me... do that, and I'll lead the way."

"How do you know where Red and Solomon could be?" Zachary asked as he went through the doorway Not-Gezora opened earlier with a ring of keys, with said creature and Not-Moguera following behind as Not-Hedorah slithered beside him.

"All of us... 'not-monsters' as some call us, have a small psychic connection to the boss, which is how he knows our location and rarely gives out orders to us over long distances." Not-Hedorah explained, as Zachary stumbled through the large hole made in the wall. "Although, it's not very strong, which is why he almost never uses it. But it can sometimes work in reverse, where we can know his location and such- but it can only last for so long... it would be much stronger if all of us where here and formed the Chimera... but, we aren't."

Zachary thought for a moment, as he looked out at the vast forest ahead of him, "Huh... okay... that makes sense how Red knows where you guys are... but how did he know where I was?"

"The boss knew of your location, and gave us directions to said location." Not-Hedorah casually responded.

Zachary's eyes widened a bit, confused, "Wait, how did Red know where I was? I understand you guys, but... how me?"

"The psychic link with the player, that's how. The farther in the game the player gets, the stronger the connection is, and the more Red, or whoever is in control of the game, can affect them. That's how he was able to paralyze your heart... and how he was able to know where you were."

Zachary was silent for a moment, before a loud bang was heard along with the faint sound of people calling out.

Other people had arrived to capture them.

Zachary hurriedly scooped up Not-Hedorah and Not-Gezora in his arms, and began running towards the dark forest ahead as fast as he could, as Not-Moguera followed from behind.

"Keep running straight ahead until you lose them!" Not-Hedorah instructed as Zachary rushed through the forest with Not-Gezora falling out of Zachary's arms and following after him, Not-Moguera began shooting small energy flares behind them, aiming for the people chasing after them as their shouting got louder.

After a few loud gunshots that got louder and louder, more shouting, a bit of screaming- Not-Gezora let out a high pitched shreik of pain; they had been shot in the head, near their eye.

Zachary quickly scooped up Not-Gezora in his arms, dark blue blood gushing from the wound, whimpering in pain. Angered by those people harming Not-Gezora, Not-Hedorah's chest and throat became blazing hot, before it instantly fired it's powerful lazer attack back at them, angrily swinging it's head in the directions of the surrounding trees; knocking about ten of them over in hopes to slow down their aggressive pursuers.

As Zachary ran even farther into the forest, eventually slowled down once he couldn't hear the shouts of their pursuers anymore.

Catching his breath and setting Not-Gezora and Not-Hedorah down, Zachary mumbled, "Okay... I think we've lost them for a while..."

Not-Hedorah looked in the direction from where they came, "yes... I believe we've lost them for now. Let's just hope they won't return..."

Some of Not-Gezora's blood was on Zachary's hand and shirt from the creature's wound. Zach held his hand on the wound, trying to slow down the bleeding as Not-Gezora winced in pain.

"You think he'll be alright?"

"Just give them some time to heal, and they'll be fine. I'm sure of it." Not-Hedorah assured, as Not-Moguera slowed down their flying, before laying on the grass below to conserve power.

"Okay, then... where do we head from here to find Red and Solomon?"

Not-Hedorah looked around, thinking, "I believe we go.... straight from here... then north a bit..." They seemed lost in thought, "Just head as I say, and we'll make it to Red."

Zach sighed, picking up Not-Gezora, whose wound was bleeding less, before letting Not-Hedorah climb onto his shoulder, while a whirring noise was heard from Not-Moguera as it began hovering above the ground, following Zachary.

"Alright, then... lead the way."