-Communication Error-

Zach woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of faint music playing, not music from a radio, but music that sounded like it was from an NES game.

Zachary slowly sat up in bed to find Red, out of his cage, silently sitting at the end of his bed, staring at the TV, which had nothing but static onscreen while the title screen music for Godzilla: Monster of Monsters was faintly heard.

Red was staring at the TV, silent, unmoving. It seemed like he was in some sort of trance. Red slowly put his forehead and hands against the TV screen, as his eyes began to glow.

Zachary barley heard Red mumbling something under his breath, but there was one word, a name, that Zach could barely make out...

"Melissa".

Zach silently watched Red, unmoving, curious as to what the Demon was up to so late at night.

After a few seconds, Zach could barely hear what Red was mumbling...

"Melissa... Can you hear me? Melissa?" Red mumbled, trying to speak to her through telepathy, with his psychic abilities, trying to get in her head again, in desperation that she could somehow let him back in the game.

"Melissa..." Red's voice got slightly louder as his eyes began glowing brighter, as Zach leaned closer.

The screen of the TV cut to black, as the title screen music stopped and dead silence was heard.

Red seemed to snap out of the trance he put himself in, as he backed away from the screen for a second, before Melissa appeared onscreen.

"What do you want, Red?" She asked, sounding annoyed, like she never wanted to talk to him.

"Melissa, please, just... Let me back in the game, please. I promise, I'm sorry for everything! I- I'll... I'll fix everything I did, I promise.... I swear, I'm sorry for everything-" Red practically pleaded, desperately trying to convince her to be let back into the game.

Zachary sat where he was, unmoving, unsure of what to do, until the screen cut to static as Melissa's voice echoed a simple answer to all of Red's pleading...

"No. I won't. I can't."

"Wh- why not?! Why can't you let him back in?" Zachary suddenly blurted out, both tired and confused.

"Zachary, I'm sorry-"

Melissa's voice was suddenly cut off by a voice that Zachary recognized, but didn't know who it belonged to, a deep voice. The same deep voice that spoke before both Red and Solomon were kicked out of the game.

Unlike Zachary, Red knew who it was, and judging by the look of pure hatred and rage on Red's face, Zach knew that Red hated this person, monster, whatever it was, more then anyone else.

"You pathetic failure.... I told you the last time to do as you're told, and you didn't. I warned you what would happen if you didn't do as you were told, and you did it anyway, and this is your punishment for disobeying me-"

"Shut up! I don't take orders from you anymore, and I never have! The only reason I did that, was so that you would stop making insane rumors about me that everyone would believe! You already destroyed most of Zenith, and made everyone think that I did it-" Red's shouting was cut off.

"This is your punishment for everything, for killing an innocent person, trying to kill me multiple times, among other things. Accept it. Your crying and whining won't fix anything. Grow up, for God's sake..." The deep voice muttered, before the TV and NES suddenly shut off.

Red was completely still, unmoving. He stayed like that for a few seconds, trying to figure out what just happened.

Zachary slowly got out of bed, and started walking to Red.

"Hey... Red?" Zachary asked.

Red didn't respond, but Zach noticed that the Hellbeast's breath was shaky, like he was about to cry.

"Hey, Red? Are you... Alright?" Zachary asked as he slowly approached Red, reaching out to him, but stopped when the Hellbeast glanced back at him. Zach could barely see that Red was forcing himself not to cry, before the Demon went back to facing the TV.

"I... I said... I was sorry..." Red mumbled under his breath, his voice cracking, before a sudden feeling of rage filled the Demon, and Red began shaking.

"I told them... I was sorry. Why... Why can't..." Red's eyes began to glow. "Why am I being punished for trying to fix things?!" Red shouted in anger as he lunged at the TV and NES, wanting to break it, to destroy it, to take his anger out on it.

Zachary quickly grabbed Red, holding the Hellbeast close to his chest as he took him back to the bed, tired, while Red kept squirming in Zach's arms and clawing at seemingly nothing. It was almost like Red saw something or someone that Zachary couldn't see, but Red could.

Red wanted to break the TV. He wanted to break the NES. He wanted to break something. He wanted the one who kicked him out to be hurt. To feel a similar pain to his own. But, all of those feelings of anger and resentment slowly disappeared as Zach began hugging Red, holding the Demon close to him.

Once Red slowly calmed down, listening to Zach's slow, but strangely calming heartbeat, Zach carried Red into bed with him, letting the Hellbeast lay next to him under the covers as he fell back to sleep.

Red was wide awake long after Zach fell asleep. He was staring at someone standing at the end of the bed, someone only he could see that was staring back at him. The faint silhouette of the spirit of a woman, an Angel, even. An Angel with a faint blue glow. An Angel, a spirit he recognized.

Red silently glared at her as she glared back at him. He swore he saw a faint smile on her face, like she was enjoying seeing the Hellbeast suffering as revenge. The spirit stayed there for only a few long minutes, before it faded away, back into the NES Godzilla cartridge.

Red let himself relax, glancing over at Solomon and Zachary, who was still asleep with Solomon holding onto Zach's arm. Red sighed as he curled up into a ball, much like a cat, before slowly falling asleep into another one of his painless dreams, or a nightmare full of things he wished to forget.

It seemed like, to him, the world thought he hadn't suffered enough for seemingly no reason. That's what his purpose in the world seemed to be, to suffer and to make others suffer for no reason.