-Late Night Flight-

Red silently stared at the NES next to the TV from under the bed as Zachary and Solomon slept. He was pondering on weather he should try playing the Godzilla Monster Of Monsters game again, but his instincts told him not to yet. Godzilla, Mothra, and Rodan hadn't defeated Warlock yet...

He couldn't wait to go back home, to go back to Zenith, to go back to the one place he actually felt he belonged then anywhere else... but for a reason Red didn't know, a tiny part of him.. wanted to never go back... it was odd.

Why wouldn't he want to go back? He didn't want or need Zachary's soul anymore, so why stay with him? Why not go back home and forget about him?

He sighed as he curled up into a ball underneath the frame of Zach's bed. He figured he could probably sleep for a bit before trying to go out that night...

But before he did, he wanted to try something, he wanted to try to see into the game, much like how he could see the real world from the game...

It was a trick, an ability of sorts that only a few Demons had. If he was careful, then he would be able to successfully do it... He could put himself in a trance of sorts, he could put his mind in a state between being awake and asleep. If he did it successfully, then he'd be able to see into the plane of existence that the world inside of the game was in... he quietly relaxed as his mind entered it....

*****

When Red opened his eyes, he was in a dream-like state as he could now see into the game only as a ghost to everyone inside.

He silently watched as Godzilla tackled Warlock to the ground, as Mothra and Rodan fired their energy attacks at Warlock as he temporarily struggled to break free from Godzilla's grasp.

Once Warlock had managed to shove Godzilla off of him, he punched the King of the monsters in the jaw, knocking Godzilla backwards as he stumbled, nearly loosing his balance.

Before Godzilla could fire his Atomic Breath at him, Red jolted awake as he felt someone shaking him.

*****

When Red was forcefully snapped out of the trance and came to, he found that it was Solomon who had shaken him awake.

"Red, Red! Wake up!" Solomon whispered, still shaking Red as he snapped out of the trance.

"Okay... okay, I'm awake..." Red mumbled as Solomon stopped shaking him so that he could get out from under the bed.

"Ready to go out flying?" Solomon asked with restrained excitement as Red crawled out from underneath the bed. trying to be careful not to wake Zachary up, they silently climbed on top of the kitchen sink and crawled out the window to the vast town outside.

Once Solomon had made it outside, he felt a rush of excitement and wonder as he quickly flew up to the rooftop of the apartment complex, wanting to see more of wherever he and Red really were.

Red let out a slight chuckle at Solomon's excitement, he understood why Solomon was so excited to be somewhere other then a place full of other monsters... Solomon was always the adventurous type, anyway...

"Come on, Red! What are you waiting for?" Solomon called to Red as the Hellbeast went into his Flying form as fast as he could join Solomon above.

"I'm coming, I'm coming..." Red mumbled as he quickly joined Solomon on the rooftop with a few beats of his wings.

Red noticed how the view of the night sky wasn't very good, the multiple lights throughout the vast town had made the sky look more empty then it really was... it was something Red learned about called light pollution, it was when there is so much light that it alters natural conditions, like the night sky.

"Huh... I thought the night sky would look, well... a lot more... beautiful then this..." Solomon quietly thought aloud, as Red gazed at the near endless buildings around, until he found a better place to stay... looked like it was about thirty minutes away...

"Hey, where are you going?" Solomon asked as Red stretched his wings out, about ready to fly off.

"Follow me. I think I found somewhere better to look at the sky." He explained as Solomon got up to begin flying along with him wherever this "somewhere" was.

As Red glided above the town below with Solomon following, he noticed that some home and car lights were on... people were awake, people could see them... He knew that if someone did see them, if the public found out about them, then they wouldn't keep their mouths shut about them...

Red darted up into the dark clouds above, as did Solomon, to hide while still flying until they were somewhere nobody was awake.

After about ten minutes of flying within the dark clouds and gazing at the ground below every once in a while, Red, along with Solomon, landed on a grass covered hill in what seemed to be a huge park.

Red sighed as he lay on the hill, gazing up at the sky as Solomon sat next to him, looking at the beautiful star filled night sky... the only source of light being the few streetlights nearby, along with the bright cresent moon and few shooting stars that flew across the sky every once in a while...

"You know... I don't think I've seen stars like these since... before Zenith was destroyed..." Solomon mumbled to himself.

"Same..." Red quietly replied. That was another thing he was planning of fixing when they got back home... he wanted to fix Zenith, his- no, their home, more then anything...

*****

Zachary sleepily groaned as he slowly got up from bed. For whatever reason, he just woke up early... what time was it? Zachary quietly grabbed his phone from the nightstand and turned it on. Through the blindingly bright light of phone his eyes weren't used to, he could barely see that it was... about midnight.

Why the Hell did he wake up at fucking midnight? He had to get up for work in about seven hours... wait...

Zachary sat up in his bed, his eyes getting used to the darkness of the room, he began looking around... his bed and the room... where was Solomon?

Zachary slowly began panicking as he realized he couldn't find Solomon anywhere, and turned on the bedroom light before he began looking everywhere he could think of where Solomon could possibly be.

Once Zachary looked under the bed and realized Red was gone as well, he began panicking even more.

Once he had no success on finding either of the Demons in his room, he was about to start looking through the rest of his apartment, but then he heard of what sounded like the wind blowing through an open window...

Zachary walked into the kitchen to find that the window near the sink was wide open, with a few light scratch marks near the window, along with a few tiny pieces of blue fur...

A pit formed in Zachary's stomach as it dawned on him...

Red and Solomon had left the apartment and were now somewhere out in the town...

For a split second, Zach somewhat considered calling the police, but he quickly ditched the idea. They wouldn't help him, and they would think he was insane or something, so... he had to go out and find the two Demons himself...

Zachary quickly slipped on a hoodie and a pair of sneakers before grabbing his phone and apartment key, and headed out.

Zachary knew that Red and Solomon were smart- especially Red, since he had shown to be smarter then a person. So chances were, Red was smart enough to stay with Solomon and to hide wherever they went...

Zachary had to find them, fast. If the public found out that Zachary had been taking care of two Demons from another world, another plane of existence unlike their own... then all Hell would break loose.

If the public found out about Red and Solomon, then they would most likely either be locked up somewhere and experimented on, or killed... As for Zachary, he'd probably be constantly questioned about the two Demons, why they were with him, where they came from, ect...

He had to find Red and Solomon now.

That is, if he could find them...