MARK x READER ( 30k SPECIAL! )

Unprofessional Love

As the manager of NCT, I had a lot of difficult jobs. Of course, I was only one of four other managers, but it was still quite a tough job.

Luckily the members of NCT treated me well, and respected me, which was a plus.

I was hired by SM when I was young. My mother was into marketing and such, and I followed in her foot steps.

"Y/N-ah!~" called Taeyong with a large smile on his face.

"Hello, Taeyong! How are you?" I asked politely with a smile before turning back to work on the papers piled in front of me.

"I'm doing okay! Need any help?" Taeyong said, looking at the large pile of papers, to which I shook my head.

"With the papers, no. With keeping the other members in check, most definitely. Make sure they aren't getting into any trouble for me, please?" I asked with a begging expression, to which Taeyong nodded and smiled.

"Of course! I'll text you and let you know if I need any help! They listen to you more than they listen to me sometimes!" Taeyong said before he headed off to the dorms to check on the members.

NCT's schedule was packed, I felt bad for even agreeing to give them this many activities.

The two new members, Shotaro and Sungchan, were still new to the whole idol scene, so I had to be extra sure to keep an eye on them at all times.

Taeyong, Mark, Jeno, Jaemin and Ten were in the most activities so I had to look out for their health.

"Y/N!" Mark came running into my office, followed by the other six dreamies.

"Hm?" I hummed while continuing to work on my papers.

"Can they go out for ice cream? I kept telling them that I'm not in charge of them but they don't listen!" Mark said to me, placing his hands on my desk and leaning closer to me, but I ignored that.

"Tell them to bring security and manager Siyeon, then they can go." I said in a firm tone, glancing up at Mark, who smiled widely.

I hated to admit it, but Mark's smile made my heart melt, and he knew that it did.

I had to be professional, so I didn't let it get the best of me, despite how hard that was.

After Mark and the dreamies left, I had peace and quiet for a while, which I took advantage of by doing my work.

It was time for me to go home, so I began to pack my things, but I felt a presence in the room, so I turned to face the door.

Mark was there, smiling like a dork, but it was cute.

"Y/N-ah~ Heading home so soon?" He said, taking a few steps closer to me, but I continued to pack my things.

"Yep, I have to get home so I can keep working on these papers, they're taking a long time." I said coldly, refusing to look at Mark.

"Let me take you home, it's dark and it's dangerous at night." Mark suggested, but I quickly shook my head.

"I'll be okay." I said, turning around before almost running right into Mark, stumbling back.