MARK x TAEYONG

Overworked
[ A & F ]

Request by: kenvi165Ange & PsychTricity
(

Your ideas were very similar so I decided to combine them! Hopefully that's okay! )

Mark had been practicing very hard for their comeback, and as happy Taeyong was about that, it angered him.

It was evident that Mark was tired and overworked, but when Taeyong would mention that, Mark said he was fine.

This comeback was leading to a tour, and it was worrying Taeyong as Mark would always come back to their hotel and basically faint onto his bed because of how tired he was.

After performing in Seoul, the boys began to tour to other countries.

When they were in Japan, Mark felt light-headed and was luckily able to leave the stage before fainting.

Taeyong knew that it was only a matter of time before Mark did faint in front of their fans.

"Mark, please stay here and rest." Taeyong insisted, but Mark didn't listen.

"No, I need to practice more, I need to please our NCTzens." Mark said, shaking his head.

Taeyong and Mark would often argue over this subject, as Mark saw that it was essential that he practiced more.

Taeyong knew that Mark was tired, but couldn't do anything about it.

"Fine, I won't argue with you. Please, don't hurt yourself, for my sake and our fans." Taeyong said, his voice sounding cold as he walked away from Mark, laying down in his bed.

The next day, the boys had a performance.

Mark didn't seem tired at first, but he soon began to dance with a lot less energy.

Not only that, but Taeyong noticed how heavy Mark was breathing.

In the middle of performing Superhuman, Mark felt himself about to faint.

But it was too late by then.

He reached out to grab one of his members but fainted onto the ground.

The music stopped, and Taeyong was the first to get to Mark.

"Mark? Mark! Wake up!" Taeyong panicked as he took his in-ear out.

Without a second thought, Taeyong picked Mark up, running off stage to get him help.

The show went on without Mark, but it was obvious that Taeyong wasn't the same.

He tried his hardest to keep a smile on his face, but his mind kept falling back to Mark.

He didn't know if Mark was okay, or how he was doing in general.

It was obvious that the fans were worried, too.

The show ended, and Taeyong rushed to find Mark.

He was sitting in a chair back stage with their medical staff surrounding him.

Mark was breathing through a ventilator and had multiple fans blowing on him.

The sight shocked Taeyong, who had to turn around before tears slipped from his eyes.

Taeyong eventually turned around, facing Mark.

"You keep overworking yourself. You have no respect for yourself, or me. I just wanted you to take a breather, and rest, but you refused." Taeyong said, glaring at Mark.

Mark was unable to reply do to the ventilator, but looked at Taeyong with teary eyes.

When Taeyong saw those tears, he felt horrible.

He just scolded Mark, who had a terrifying experience just a bit ago.

"I'm sorry." Taeyong said, stepping closer to Mark, who flinched away a bit.

"Mark.." Taeyong spoke, before a staff member took the ventilator from Mark and taking it.

"I'm sorry. I know it must have been so scary. I'm just worried about you." Taeyong said, kneeling next to Mark.

"It's okay." Mark said softly, smiling slightly at Taeyong.

"I'm okay, but I can't practice as much anymore. Manager said so." Mark said, shrugging his shoulders, his blonde hair still wet from sweat.

"Good. You're coming to to the hotel and you're resting." Taeyong said, helping Mark stand up as they made their way to the van.

Later that night, Taeyong was surfing on Twitter when he saw the GetBetterMark hashtag trending.

That gave Taeyong an excellent idea.

Mark was sleeping in his bed, and Taeyong took a selfie of himself with Mark in the back.

He then captioned the picture, "Thank you all for wishing Mark a quick recovery. He is well, but currently resting for a bit. We hope to get him to perform soon, but for now, he will be sitting on stage instead of dancing. It was a very scary experience for both the members, Mark, and to the fans, so we all thank you for your support and love. ~Taeyong."