Sweet and Sour ➳ Chapter 27

[WARNING: MINOR SWEARING IN THE UPCOMING CHAPTER]

Preston's POV

4:33pm

As surprised as I am, there's no going back now.

Aiden's staring me staring me straight in the eye, glaring me down like a scared yet worthy animal. The girl is surprised as well, but probably not as much if I were a teacher. They're both breathing hard, like they were kissing for a long time.

And as I said before, there's no going back.

Before he can say anything, I stomp up to the couple, mainly Aiden. I maneuver around the desks and chairs, making sure to look confident, determined, angry. To stop myself from digging my fist into his face, I clench my jeans, feeling all the blood rush from my knuckles.

"You douchebag!" I scream at him, making him jump backwards slightly. We were about the same height, so he didn't intimidate me. "You're a freaking slut! I can't believe you! What about Nick?" I grasp my mine pants harder, clinging onto them to make sure my arm doesn't swing up.

"What the hell about her?" He questions, clearly irritated. Mariah watches us, not doing anything to stop the argument.

I sigh impatiently. "You are a two-timing bastard! Are you too thirsty?" I yell.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Nick! You kissed her on Saturday!" I shriek. Mariah jumps slightly at either my statement or the volume of my voice. Aiden frantically looks at her, but is clearly not bothered by her reaction.

"We're not dating," he loudly explains, "it was a one time thing!" He reaches out and pushes me, but I still resist the urge to fight back. "Why do you even care?"

"Well I'm just looking out for my friends!" I exclaim.

"Ha! Friends, you say?" He laughs. "Looks to me that what you call a 'friendship' means making her feel like shi-"

I finally let my hand fly up, punching his nose. I feel a crack under contact. I don't think I have ever really punched someone too hard before, even in my previous life. But I throw another for good measure, connecting with his jaw. He fall backwards, hitting the desk edge behind him.

Mariah gasps from shock, but I ignore her. While he's on the ground, I kick him in the stomach. "Consequence for kicking me!" I exclaim and kick him in the shins.

"S-Stop!" He coughs, one hand covering his stomach and the other hovering slightly in front of his face.

"Tell me about Nick, huh?" I get down on my knees to punch him again in the stomach. "Tell me how you love her-"

"Please!" He screams in pain. Oh, but I'm not done. He has gone too far, pretending like he actually cares about Nick. And besides, I've learned a lot about hand-to-hand combat from all those video games.

With every punch I throw to his face, he groans and winces. By now, blood and wounds cover his lips and cheeks, bruises forming around his eyes. I can hear Mariah cowering behind me. I just want to make him pay for what he's done. Make him feel it. Take out my every feeling I've gone through in this past month, all in a series of punches-

"WHAT IS GOING ON IN HERE?" A booming voice yells from behind me. My head snaps toward the sound and my eyes widen. Mr. Braydon is standing in the open doorway, fuming. "What are you doing to Aiden?" He yells. I stand up, speechless, and beside me, Mariah begins bawling, her shirt buried into her eyes.

I look down at my hands. My knuckles are splattered in Aiden's blood. Guess I'm caught...

...red handed.