Final ➳ Chapter 42

Nicola's POV

Unknown Time

So he is Preston.

Both Prestons, technically.

And with both, I've grown a different connection to.

The old one I had never met personally. He never knew about me; I was just another fan out of over a million that would never have the chance to be noticed. He merely entertained me, owning a personality behind the curtains.

My Preston I do know, and he knows me. He loves me for me, and he is evidently the one I fell in love with. We share a more personal connection; a seemingly unbreakable bond. I thought I knew almost everything about him, but clearly I was wrong. But it's the fact there is a mystery; always somethibg for me to uncover.

But in a more literal movement, they're both the same Preston.

Something I never thought could happen.

He may be a famous internet star, who had tons of loving fans and friends and family who he misses dearly, but I only see him for him. He is still hinged to his past, but I can tell he's letting go. He explained his heart issues that isn't actually much of an issue anymore.

I can't imagine what it's like to die. He was so lucky to get another chance at life. He lost everything he could've asked for. Though he tells me that he still has me, we... we have a plan. But that isn't coming up any time soon.

Funny, I don't see him any different after he told me than before.

Maybe I always had a hunch.

After all, I did get all worked up at his name when I first met him.

-

March 21st

The sky is filled with nothing but blue. The sun hidden behind thin layers of almost invisible clouds. My hand grips the handle on my luggage as I stare out the windows through the small terminal hallway. Idling planes litter the asphalt while workers scurry with carts of baggage and lights.

Cole decided that there were too many class requirements at UBC, so within month, he managed to transfer back to U of C, even in the semester. Mom and Dad are retiring soon; probably within the next two years.

So after begging and pleading, they decided to let me stay with Cole. And after this whole conundrum, my old school is fairly close to the apartment my brother's renting, meaning I'll get to attend it again. That does have its up and downs... but you know, life is life, I guess.

I never knew that so much could happen in three months. I lost almost all my friends, I was kissed for the first time, I was 'broken up with', I was kissed for the first time by the guy I actually like, and I moved. Crazy to think about the life we live in, how for everybody, there's a different story. It's the fact we have to live like nobody is watching.

From the long corridor I was previously in, I step out into the bustling open area filled with many civilians. How am I supposed to find him in this mess?

And as if on cue, I see the boy who I have been waiting for. Him and his brown swept hair, signature dangling laces on his converse, sweater and jeans. And last but not least, his eyes. Those eyes.

And I'm running.

Not from my problems, but to them actually.

To him.

-

Preston's POV

I'm really starting to get claustrophobic in this place. There are so many people here, it makes me want to throw up. How did I stand all those meet ups back then?

I'm surprised at how well Nick took the 'news' of my previous life-besides the miniscule episode of running we had in the rain. She hasn't treated me any differently like she said she would do, with the exception of us dating.

Yes, dating.

Honestly, I couldn't be happier with anybody else. Even though it was yet another long distance relationship, we Skyped everyday after school since my departure. Though it hasn't been too long, I still wait for the day I get to see her in person. To hug her. To kiss her.

Which is evidently today.

I'm waiting out where she told me to be. Why here, who knows. I just want to see her after being separated from her for three weeks.

20 days, to be exact.

And those twenty days were living hell.

Though I reunited with her, I missed out on schoolwork and homework that weekend. I was caught in between a major dispute between Meg and Kat about who knows what. But I do think Meg feels guilty over what happened with Nick. I accidentally slipped out Nick's cutting secret, but she only just managed to hear it. Now she's been eager to see Nick, despite Kat's objections.

Honestly, I'm sick of Kat. I should've stayed in Vancouver.

I don't know if she was dropped on her head as a child but-

My thoughts are cut off by the dark haired girl exitting the terminal. She has on her military boots and black leggings she's managed to wear everyday-by her words, not mine. A deep green jacket rests on her shoulders with a grey beanie peeking out behind her straightened hair.

Indescribably beautiful. [A/N even though I just described it.]

Briefly, she examines the room, presumably looking for me. Her expression is woven with deep thought, worying me slightly. She over thinks a lot, obviously the reason why she began cutting in the first place. But that's part of her, and what makes her herself. [A/N that was a complete and utter mindfudge.]

And then her deep brown eyes meet mine, instantly lighting up. The next thing I know, she's running to me. Instinctively, I hold my arms open, awaiting her.

She comes quicker than I thought.

I swing her around from momentum in a complete circle, her arms latched around my neck and mine encircling her waist. In the process, I lean in and peck her lips lightly. "I thought you weren't a sprinter," I smirk, our foreheads touching.

"Well, when it comes to you..." she trails off with a smile, showing off her white teeth.

"I love you, you know that?" I whisper gently. It may not sound like much, but those three words are what I die to hear everyday.

"I love you." She murmurs before leaning in again for a kiss, though this one more passionate and deep than the last.

She's finally here.

And she's here to stay.

-

×××