Chapter 13

3rd Person's POV

As Gary was about to get hit by the attacks, a sudden ray of white light struck between them, saving Gary from danger.

As Gary opened his eyes, three figures stood in front of him.

"T-Teacher?" Gary asked in surprise. He didn't expected seeing his teacher again sooner.

"I see you caught yourself in trouble, let us handle this." Ash stated.

Gary did nothing but just nod as he watched them battle against the people in black suits.

"Hey Sonia, you haven't rusted, aren't you?" Ash asked the taller girl beside him.

"Hmp, I did not, I'm still intact." Sonia said as she winked at him, the three of them faced their foes, with their pokeballs on hand.

"They aren't using these three?" Gary questioned in his thoughts as he gazed at three three flying type Pokemon just casually standing behind them, two Corviknights and an Altaria, he was also in awe at the other Corviknight who differ in color than the black one.

"Who are you?" The grunt with the feminine voice asked the three.

"We're just passerby curious about what was going on here, so we decided to check." Chloe replied in a rather uninterested tone. She expected more, but it was just Team Rocket.

Though with a second thought, she looked at the grunts, and then something hit her that these might be the top agents of the said organization, judging by their held Pokemon and the machine they're operating.

"We can't let you interrupt our plan, men, scatter and seize them!" That might be their boss. She commanded her fellow agents.

Their numbers have slightly increased, but maybe it's all the members present in the area.

"They can't handle this by themselves, aren't they?" Gary asked to himself.

The three of them smirked and decided to reveal their Pokemon, the Sonia let out her Beheeyem, Chloe let out her own Gardevoir while Ash revealed his shiny Lucario.

All three cried out their names before doing battle stance.

"Men, don't underestimate them, we have ourselves in contact of Shiny Lucario. That Pokemon is a great specimen for our research." The boss called out.

"Are you seriously thinking that we're gonna give you our Pokemon that easily?" Ash asked.

"By force, yes, dispatch!"

With that, different kinds of moves were fired towards them.

"Sonia, Chloe." Ash called out.

"Right! You two, Protect!" Sonia and Chloe commanded in unison.

With that being called out, they successfully repelled the incoming moves with Protect, creating some thick dust cloud after impact.

"Lucario, Aura Sphere." Ash commanded.

To their surprise, Lucario appeared behind their Pokemon and fired some Aura Sphere point-black range.

"He used the smoke as diversion." The boss muttered.

One by one, the Pokemon fainted with just that single Aura Sphere, shocking the grunts. They didn't saw what just happened, as the dust cloud dissipated, all they saw was just their Pokemon lying on the ground, Lucario standing between them.

"Wh-What just happened." Gary was also in a state of shock as he spectated the battle, it was so fast that he didn't even saw anything.

"You..." Their boss muttered in anger, their numbers ate decreasing.

"We are leaving, retreat!" She yelled out, the agents started backing out, leaving the scene."

"Do you think we're gonna let you off after that? Beheeyem, Trick Ro-"

"No, let them be." Ash stated as he just started at the agents throwing off smoke bombs as they got away.

"Why?" Sonia asked.

"I'm sure they'll be back somewhere around the regions, that way, we can detect who their higher ups are." Ash stated.

"Okay then, what to do with that machine?" Chloe asked.

"It looks like that machine was used to collect Dynamax power throughout Galar, though leaving it here as they escaped probably means that they've still collected less." Sonia explained as she examined the machine.

Gary looked at the trio with awe, now he's thinking who their teacher really is.

"Thank you for saving me, I thought I'll be a goner before." Gary called out.

"What are you doing here if I may ask?" Ash asked his student.

"I've aimed to become Pokemon Professor, I thought about Dynamax and Gigantamax, that is why I headed here in Galar, it just happened that I stumbled in this forest to further my research and saw those people in black whom you call Team Rocket." Gary explained.

Ash understood the situation and nodded.

"Sonia, I see you have a rival now, this is Gary, my student back at Kalos, I assume you already knew Chloe." Ash said as he introduced Sonia to him, he bowed for respect as he knew she and Ash knew each other.

They headed back to Wedgehurst after destroying the machine.

"So, how long is your research gonna take?" Ash asked.

"It'll probably still take a while before I complete it, so I may have to stay here or Galar in general in order to widen up my data collection." Gary replied.

"That is good to know. We'll be off for now." Ash stated.

"Okay then, have a safe trip teach." Gary said as he bid goodbye to the three, they parted ways and thought about which destination to be headed next.

"Actually, should we pay a visit to some Champions?" Ash suggested out of nowhere.

"What for? They don't even know you, they don't know us." Chloe replied.

"That is the point, I'm literally bored now." Ash stated.

The two girls sweatdropped at their male companion, though it's pretty normal to them since he's been like that ever since, even after a tiring battle, he'll say that he's bored out of nowhere.

"The probability of you challenging the Champions is close to zero you know." Sonia stated.

"Quite frank that you quickly knew what I'm talking about, Sonia." Ash said as he scratched his head.

"Of course I am, even Chloe can think quicker than me when it comes to you." Sonia said as she laughed. Chloe just puffed her cheeks.

"Wait, let's just go to Alola next, what do you say Chloe? Paying a little visit to Professor Kukui?" Ash asked.

"Alola? I would love to, besides, I missed out little cabin there." Chloe said as she reminisced the time they had during their Alola journey.

"Oh my, did you two already had a good ti-"

"No, not what you're thinking Sonia." Both bluntly said in unison.

"Oh..." Sonia muttered in disappointment.

"WHY ARE YOU DISAPPOINTED?!"

She just giggled at the two lovebirds blushing madly, they're decision is now final and planned on heading towards Alola next.

To be continued....