Chapter 6

3rd Person's POV

"If you aim to protect, then so be it."

Last message Ash heard from his father, he didn't even knew his name nor his mother, he was being taken by Professor Oak, without knowing any of his relatives. He isn't even sure if that was his father or isn't, but deep inside, his hunch can be positive.

Over the years, he self-taught himself, interacting with pokemon in such a young age, making deep bonds with them that may seem inseparable forever.

It's like he was born to protect, protect everything who is dear to him, with all his power, he's not letting anyone in danger, may it be human or pokemon.

"Who are you?!" The poachers yelled in annoyance.

"Tch, some hero you got there girls, too bad the result's still the same, that Gardevoir can hurdle us up some good pokedollars." Their boss said with an evil grin.

Ash twitched in annoyance a little.

"Their in my class, so it's my responsibility to protect them." Even with their approach, Ash managed to remain calm and looked like he's bored dealing with bunch of them.

"Well how will you do with this?! Gengar, Shadow Ball!"

As soon as their boss commanded it, other opposing Pokemon have also unleashed their moves towards Gardevoir and Ash.

"Oh, right, Lillie, might as well tell you some lecture." Ash said and winked at her before a sudden small earthquake occured and pillars of rocks suddenly came out from the ground, repelling the incoming moves.

"Wh-What was that?! Stone Edge?!" Lillie exclaimed in shock.

But Ash shook his head in disagreement.

"That was just simply Psychic, just manipulated the ground, take note of that." He said with a smirk and looked back to the poachers.

"S-Simply..." Lillie muttered in disbelief.

"Wh-Who are you?!" The other poachers asked in panic.

"I told you already, I'm responsible for their safety since they're my students, now, you can hand me Espeon and Combusken or this is not gonna end up pretty nice."  Ash threatened, but the leading poacher just laughed.

"You've got some nerves, I, Eliot, the master poacher, shall crush you into pieces! Gengar, mega evolve!" He yelled out and suddenly took out a key stone situated on his earring.

Suddenly, Gengar was engulfed in a blinding light, changing form, and there appeared a Mega Gengar right in front of them.

"M-Mega evolution..." Lillie as well as the others were in a state of shock, there is no way Ash's gonna handle it all by himself.

"L-Let us help, we've still got---"

"No, just stay put there, and focus on saving those two, I'll handle the rest of this." Ash reassured.

"But..." Lillie pushed further but Ash still gave her a reassuring smile.

She nodded and then helped Serena, May and Dawn.

"Now then, there's seven of you, including that mega evolved Gengar, it's been a long time since I've used this." Ash sighed and then looked at them, smirking.

"Gardevoir, want to do it?" He asked Gardevoir, she looked back and smirked, indicating agreement.

"Well then, it's been a long time since we did this, Bond Evolution!"

Gardevoir cried out her name before engulfing herself in blinding light, but it seems off because it isn't similar to mega evolution, which made Lillie and the others curious, watching from behind.

Gardevoir's usual red eyes is now bright pink, her body does resemble that of a mega evolved Gardevoir but with longer gown, a fairy wing on her back, a single horn on her forehead with a yellow bright halo above her head.

As soon as the light died down, Lillie and the others gasped at the unbelievable sight. Indeed it was their first time seeing another form of Gardevoir which is in  fact, unknown to them and probably all other researchers in Kalos.

"Th-That's..." Lillie muttered.

"Wh-What is that?" Serena followed.

They were all speechless at the sight, cannot move their mouths and utter a single word.

"It seems that they discovered another ability their teacher can do." Ash grinned.

He's doing this so they can gain their trust, by showing them this, they're going to bear in mind that they still have so much to learn, and if they'll going to travel around regions after school, they might learn a thing or two from their teacher, which he's looking forward to.

On the other side, the poachers panicked at the unknown thing in front of them, but nonetheless, they still pushed further.

"We can't be intimidated by that, G-Gengar, Shadow Ball!"

"Yanmega, Air Slash!"

"You use Venoshock Garbodor!"

"Weavile, Ice Beam!"

"Skarmory, Flash Cannon!"

"Darmanitan, burn them with Flamethrower!"

"Pangoro, Dark Pulse!"

All of the opposing pokemon launched their respective moves towards Gardevoir.

To Lillie and the other's shock, all Ash did was turn his back against Gardevoir and flicked his finger. Gardevoir quickly understood as she saw this as a command, smirked and then faced the attacks. Her arm glowed bright pink, before unleashing a rather slice of psychic move, reflecting all the combined moves, negating any damage taken.

"I-Impossible!" They all chattered.

And with another grin from Ash, Gardevoir also grinned before charging towards the enemy's pokemon, and in the blink of an eye, all of them was shut down, it was just seconds ago that they've seen them standing before they fainted.

"Now, let's retrieve your Pokemon and hand over these thugs." Ash said to the girls, just plainly calm about what is happening.

"Y-Yes..." They managed to say, and all Ash did was laugh.

"Now, I hope you'll recognize me as your teacher from now on." Ash said with a smile.

All Lillie did was just nod in satisfaction, as she completely knew their teacher's power, and that'll help them understand fully that concept of this Pokemon world, how to unlock each Pokemon and trainer's capability, merging them into one, and use it to protect others.

Gardevoir reverted back on it's original form, just how mega evolutions do. They do have a lot to discuss tomorrow.

Espeon and Staravia happily went back to Lillie and May respectively, and all of them walked back towards the campus.

To be continued...

(A/N) Ah, yes, my signature bond evolution, some readers here might have already knew this one but aight, let me just describe it again for the sake of those non-readers of my other book.