Chapter 4

Ash's POV

Flashback...

10 years ago...

Back then was the best times of my life, at the age of 7, I did have myself the best Pokemon Team, back then, I considered myself as a prodigy, a strong trainer in terms of battling and caring.

I alone travelled from region to region, catching every pokemon I can find to fill up my Pokedex, whom Professor Oak asked me to, it was enjoyable, I did really took good care of them.

I had jumped from gyms to gyms from every region, defeating them was slightly hard, but me and my Pokemons did managed to.

It was indeed a happy moment, it continued until I challenged the Pokemon League and aimed for the title of Champion of Kanto, Lance was indeed a worthy opponent, with mighty clashes, we shook the battlefield, and yet I won, gaining that title I wanted so far.

But I did double thinking, it wasn't enough for me, I need to travel more, that's why I asked Lance and let him promise not to reveal my identity and I did let him give my title. He hesitated at first but soon respected my decision.

The same with Alola, trials are indeed hard, and so does their Pokemon League, but still I defeated the Elite Four and Champion who turned out to be Professor Kukui, and yet it wasn't enough for me just like Kanto, I still wanted to stroll around, and then again, what I did in Kanto is also what I did in Alola.

They're the ones who knew my identity.

But then one day, during the peaceful morning, I suddenly thought.

'What am I aiming for?'

'Was being a champion of both regions worth it?'

'Does being a champion for the whole eight region satisfy me?'

Yet those questions weren't answered, which I always ponder.

"You have but one mission in this world, Ash Ketchum."

It did interrupted me from my trance, it was audible, yet, I can't find the source of the voice.

"You can't see me for now, besides, I think you already knew me, but I must tell you one thing."

I remained silent, since I pretty much knew every pokemons ever existed, I thought about Arceus, the God Pokemon.

"The world lies in your hands, evil may envelope the whole world once again, just like before."

Normally, I should've panicked at that, but I remained calm, being optimistic can be helpful sometimes, I always thought about something like this might happen in the future.

The voice faded, I looked up the peaceful sky while stroking the fur of my white-colored Lucario, indeed he was a gift from Arceus, I'll be forever greatful to Her.

I was 12 years old, probably completed the National Pokedex, it did really shocked Professor Oak, he was happy that I did the errand, and I have no regrets about that, I owe Professor Oak one.

The Champions did well in hiding my identity, thanks to that, my travels were always peaceful, visiting places wasn't a hassle.

But yet I remembered what Arceus said to me, and I can't help myself but think.

'Is it safe to do it alone?'

Protecting a city is easy, but protecting the whole world is indeed impossible, that's why I did thought about...