Chapter 14

I deeply apologize for the ridiculous long delay but I-

3rd Person's POV

"Lance, this will be the last time I'll ask you again about my question these past few months. If the answer is the same, I may have to find the answer myself." Cynthia declared as they held another annual meeting about the Pokemon League, also concerning the issue about what happened on Kalos' famous academy about the tournament being postponed.

"I'm afraid my answer's still not changing Ms. Cynthia, this is absolute and please feel free to find the answer for yourself, that'll be much more challenging." Lance said as he bowed his head.

Cynthia's done and is now determined to find the Champion all by herself.

"Fine then, make sure that all of these hide and seek thing is worth it." Cynthia stated.

"I assure you, it'll be one hundred percent worth it Ms. Cynthia." Lance replied back, smirking as he reminisced the time he battled Ash when he was challenged by him.

Cynthia made her way out of the office, the meeting's technically done, leaving the other Champions.

"I'm genuinely interested about how you hide the identity of this unknown Champion, Lance." Steven remarked as he closed his eyes.

"I second the thought, it'll be worth battling him if we have intel about his whereabout." Said Diantha as she sips her coffee.

"You will not be disappointed once you met him together with his Elite Four." Lance stated politely.

"Most importantly, you'll be able to meet him in this next official Pokemon League going to be held at Kalos within this year, so there's no need to rush and just wait for his presence there."

"But judging that this is an annual meeting, should he supposedly be here just like other Champions?" The old Alder asked.

"Supposedly, he is, but with Charles' confirmation, there is no need for him to join us on annual meetings, that young man's still on his early age and thus, he's still on his journey." Lance replied back.

"Journey huh? That makes Cynthia's search for him gets more challenging." Diantha muttered.

It is true, as Ash hops from region to region without anyone knowing his identity, he can freely do whatever he wants without getting caught by officials, unless if it is Lance.

It may take a while, but battling him may be worth a shot.

...

"We've arrived!" Sonia and Chloe screamed as they got out from the plane and yelled to their heart's content. The calm Alolan breeze greeted them, much to their nostalgia and excitement.

Ash stared at the peacefull scenery, the airport is somehow close to the beach, so he can see the great horizon ahead of them.

"Hey, Ash, do you think Professor Kukui's home? I'm excited to see Rockruff again!" Chloe cheers in excitement.

"I think he's home right now, but first, can we visit someone before heading towards Professor Kukui?" Ash asked.

"Who?"

"Him."

"Hi--- Ah, I see, that's fine with me, let us go too." Chloe said.

"It's been a long time since I saw him too, might as well go with you guys too." Sonia also said.

"Well then, off to Ruins of Conflict!"

...

Ruins of Conflict, ruins located on Melemele Island, home to a certain guadian deity of Alola, Tapu Koko, is on a peaceful hiatus since Ash's arrival on Alola. Tapu Koko was once intrigued by Ash's first appearance on Alola and the amount of aura energy he possess while he's on his domain. That is when Ash met Tapu Koko, Tapu Koko challenged him into a battle and befriended him after he lost.

That was his first time losing to a trainer, he can tell how powerful that trainer is and how he takes care of his Pokemon, it was well-raised.

Until one day, he heard of Ash becoming the Alola's champion, he was surprisingly contented, he knew it all along, he thought he deserved it and went to congratulate him by asking another battle, but that time, it was a four versus one, he also called out the other guardian deities, Lele, Bulu and Fini, but with the same result, they were all defeated and proved that he's worthy of the title, and gained all four's respect.

During Ash's departure, he promised to see him again sooner or later, since then,Tapu Koko never saw anyone that can match Ash's skill, hence the battling style.

That is when, today, he noticed Ash's presence, he woke up from his deep slumber as he felt the Alola energy suddenly change. He quickly knew it was him all along.

That is where he made the move.

"Yungoos, assist him on his way here."  He stated telepathically and the nearby Yungoos nodded in response, before heading out, the Yungoos knew who he was talking about.

...

"Man, it's been a while since I walked on Alola soil, it literally has different vibes." Sonia said as she stretched her arm.

In fact, Sonia did also came here together with Ash and Chloe, but only for a brief moment because she was being summoned on Galar.

"It's also been a while, I missed the Malasada donut here, we'll be having it once were done meeting him." Chloe said in excitement.

"I wonder how Professor Kukui's been doing lately, maybe he's busy as Masked Royal, isn't he?" Ash asked.

"I doubt it, I heard he was busy researching about exclusive Z-moves and is about to collect them for further research purpose." Chloe replied.

"Is that so? Then maybe I should expect him seeing atleast three exclusive Z-moves." Ash replied.

"Ash, exclusive Z-moves are hard to find, so don't expect too much." Sonia replied.

They're now close to the Ruins of Conflict when they heard a grass rustle on the grass patches, they alerted themselves, Yungoos came out from the grass patch and  that made them sigh in relief.

"It's just a Yungoos." Sonia stated.

"No, wait, are you by any chance, sent by Tapu Koko?" Ash asked.

Yungoos nodded in response and acted as the tour guide for them. Ash smiled and proceeded to follow the loitering pokemon, they went into the ruin and saw a familiar totem located on the center of the ruin, there's a seat under it and a figure they all have been expecting for.

He opened it's shell-like structure and made eye contact with Ash, he stared at him with a rather fiery and intimidating look, Ash is unfazed, knowing how he's doing he's first impression to him.

"Greetings, champion, we meet again."

"Greetings to you too, Guardian of Melemele."

To be continued...