Chapter 15

3rd Person's POV

"Greetings, champion of Alola."

Ash stared at the Melemele's most powerful pokemon, Tapu Koko, the one that's said to rule the most among all other guardian deities.

"Greetings to you too, Guardian of Melemele." Ash responded in a rather calm but determined tone.

"I see you've quite grown from the last time I saw you." Said Tapu Koko as he descended from his altar and confronted Ash.

"Even if I already saw Tapu Koko, I can't help it but still be amazed about his overall looks, really intimidating." Sonia chirped in excitement as she saw Tapu Koko.

"I've came here to visit Alola, it's been a really long time since I came here." Ash said.

"You are always free to come here anytime, champion, you provided peace within this region with your own hands, and we are thankful for that." Tapu Koko replied telepathically.

"I assume everything's fine by those time I was out?" Ash asked.

"Everything's flowing up peacefully, I've also tasked Lele, Bulu and Fini to handle the other islands, and it seems that there's nothing to worry about."  Koko replied.

While the two are talking, Sonia and Chloe took the chance to look around the ruins, interacting with other Pokemon on sight. Both are having a good time.

"Hey, Tapu Koko, now that we're here, how about a welcome battle?" Ash smirked at Koko, he immediately understood and hovered towards a clearing.

"Understood, but I will go all out against a champion."  Tapu Koko warned as he got ready into position.

"I don't plan on letting you hold back against me anyways, let's do this!" Ash grinned excitedly and followed Tapu Koko towards a clearing.

...

"Hey Lillie, what can we do for today?" Serena asked as they walked down through town pavements.

It's been a week since Serena arrived at Melemele and since then, she's been used to the lifestyle than what she had at Kalos, Lillie's always accompanying her as they stroll around shops and stores.

It is again a usual day for them and they decided to head out outside for some nice Melemele breeze.

"I don't know? Do you want a change of pace? I'll try to think about a place."

"Talking about change of pace, I once heard about about the ruins here in Alola,  is that true?" Serena asked.

"Oh, you mean about the Ruins of Alola that serves as the resting place for the Guardian Deities." Lillie replied.

"I also once heard about these Guardian Deities

"Guardian Deities are those who protect Alola from any calamities, there are four ruins, the Ruins of Conflict, Abundance, Life and Hope, inside of them lurks the four Guardian Deities, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu and Tapu Fini respectively." Lillie explained to her.

"Wait, now that we're talking about this, why not go to Melemele's ruin? The Ruins of Conflict." Lillie suggested.

"We can go there?" Serena asked, surprised.

"We can, I was authorized a long time ago, we can safely go inside the ruin." Lillie said and winked.

Serena got excited and is thrilled to go towards the ruins, but little did they know, a quick reunion would happen afterwards.

...

"So, what's Tapu Koko like?" Serena asked as they walk through Plank Bridge.

"Tapu Koko's basically the mastermind among the four, he's a wise Pokemon, and a powerful one at that." Lillie replied in an as a matter of fact tone.

"It is said that Tapu Koko only shows itself to a certain person who piques his interest. He chooses a person worthy of rivaling his power."

Serena kept on listening to everything Lillie said, apparently, he only appears to what he sees as the chosen one, or probably something like that.

They're now at the entrance of the Ruins of Conflict. But as soon as they entered the cave, they heard rumbles at explosions in a distant, they were pretty curious since things like that don't usually occur in the ruins of conflict.

They ran towards the insides of the ruins and took cover as soon as the explosions keep on getting stronger.

They widened their eyes the moment they saw what is going on. Tapu Koko and a familiar figure fighting against it.

"Greninja, we shall use Water Shuriken!" Ash commanded, feeling the intense and enjoyable battle between him and Tapu Koko.

Greninja nodded and then hastily picked up shuriken on it's hind legs before throwing it towards Tapu Koko, but unfortunately, Tapu Koko easily repelled them by smashing it's claws against it.

"I got you, Night Slash!" Ash smirked.

Greninja swiftly got behind Tapu Koko's back and is about to use Night Slash point blank range when Tapu Koko suddenly emitted electricity and proceeded to use Discharge. Luckily, Greninja is able to dodge the super effective move and fell back to it's place.

"Th-That's Tapu Koko..." Lillie gasped in shock as she spectated the battle.

"And the other one is...Teacher Ash?" Serena whispered silently, but still in utter shock as she saw the familiar figure.

"I always knew you could par with me, Ash." Tapu Koko commended with a content smile.

"They knew each other?" Lillie silently questioned, to which it is unknown to both of them.

"Same to you too, Koko, though we both know we never showed up our true power yet." Ash grinned at it.

"Yes, so I thought about this as a final trial and let you taste the power of the Guardian Deities, Fini!" Tapu Koko smirked.

Out of nowhere, Tapu Fini hovered and then fired of a surprise Hydro Pump attack towards Greninja. Greninja was quick to notice and successfully dodged the incoming attack.

"Hello Ash, we meet again." Fini greeted in a happy manner.

"Don't tell me..." Ash trailed off.

"Yes, we will combine our power in attempt to defeat you as your final Guardian trial."  Tapu Koko concluded, suddenly, the two other Guardian Deities showed up and hovered beside Tapu Koko.

"Th-The Four Guardians of Alola..." Lillie was genuinely shocked at the sight, and so does Serena, although she really don't completely know about guardians, seeing them in person made her feel that there's really unknown wonders in the Pokemon world that she doesn't know about.

Lillie also felt the flow of excitement as she saw the Guardians, as well as Ash battling them, never did she realize that she'll see them in person, showing their power.

Though they also wondered how Ash could handle all of them at once. Sure Ash looked like he made acquaintance with them, but it also looked like he never battled all of them at once.

Serena and Lillie looked at Ash and they just saw him, smirking. They instantly knew that their teacher is the one that enjoys battles, especially if he was facing stronger ones.

But little did they know, they were already spotted by Chloe and Sonia.

To be continued...