Chapter 6 : Watch me!

Rebecca's POV:

Lisa left to receive the Lorraine's from the airport as I headed towards the team handling the current project. The project head Mr. Chris, who is like the one who woke up one spring morning to find their youth had passed by before they had any fun,  handed me the blue print of the finalized design. I gasped as I saw the mailed and faxed blueprints sent to Nova-tech, it shows otherwise. I remember this other design, the unimproved-low quality-less developed-rejected design proposed by Mr. Luke, the one who lost the race to Mr. Chris.

Crystal clear plot, poor thing the accused is well evident. But why?

If you are wondering what the race is about. Listen up! I believe in the quality of work more than the people. Every project we handle is first assigned to five different teams. Each of them come up with different features, developments, functions and benefits. It's like a debate session. The one that wins the race is obligated and handed the project. Thus, the designs produced have merely any flaws.

It's time to confront Mr. Luke. I headed back to my office and saw Mr. Wang waiting or me.

" Morning Ms. R" he greeted with a smile that showed his dimples under his wrinkled skin. He is a man around an age of fifty. I remember meeting him the first time, it was five years ago. He had no home but his eyes filled with dedication, an urge to live the rest of his life happily.

" Morning Mr. Wang, I need you to make a reservation for two rooms in any nearby 7 star or 5 star hotel in the name of Nova-tech ASAP" I replied without a second glance and grabbed my pen drive leaving him perplexed. I understood the reason.

" I know it's the season. Try your best to find at least one" I reassured and left to the security.

" I want the recording of yesterday's footage in Mr. Luke's floor" I demanded. After a thorough search the guard sighed that there was no footage. I was a erupting volcano by the time I reached my room. I banged on the desk with force just enough for not breaking it and asked Maria, my receptionist to call Mr. Luke.

After about ten minutes, today's talk show criminal entered. I wonder he even had the audacity to show up after what he did, not a smartass by default.

" You're fired" I replied without even glancing at him.

" No, you can't do that" he replied without stuttering. I appreciate his guts to even stand here.

" Watch me" I glared at him with looks enough to bury him six feet under the ground.

" I am on contract" he answered smugly.

Okay seriously? He endorse my company's designs and sells the finalized one to my rivals. If that's not the cherry on top, he criticizes my other employee's work.

" Tell me a reason why your butt shouldn't land in jail?" I snap. I think that chickpea sized brain of his understood something.

" Proof?" he shrugged.

I smirked and placed a drive on my desk and moved it in his direction. He gasped. It's fun to watch other's losing their arrogant shit in front you.

" Why?" I ask the idiot who is sweating in a room with an air conditioner.

" I-I am s-sorry. I will resign by myself. Please spare me" he pleaded, guilt evident in his eyes. See? This is where you should use that five letter word.

" Penalty check. Apologize to every employee of mine whom you degraded and submit yourself to the NYC police" I demanded.

He sobbed and left. I am done with this, but why do I feel that his isn't done yet? I was brought back to reality when the door opened revealing Lisa.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

It's New Year. Yay!!

2020 just disappeared in a blink of an eye but the lessons that year thought us is something more important to notice. I am glad that you all made it through this toughest year successfully. All those who lost their dear ones, it's time for you to believe in yourself. I am not going to say any blatant things like " find strength" because it may return as scars.

On days you hate being yourself and want to disappear forever don't forget that you will find yourself. You should be the reason for the one who want to stand on the edge. You will be your comfort. There is always a someone who would take away your sadness and pain. It's YOU. Open the doors in your heart and let the real you take over. You are your comfort and strength.

Add life to your days, not days to your life.

WISHING YOU A VERY HAPPY AND PROPSPEROUS 2021.

Here's my Instagram account where you find my updates phoenix_wattpad

and twitter account phoenix8142812

you can follow these to get notified ;)

~ Phoenix8142812