Chapter 7: Rat in the Hole

Rebecca's POV:

I saw Mr. Lorraine walking in along with his assistant, so I immediately stood up to greet them. Not gonna lie he looks like a creature that god carefully handled. People often mention color of our eyes, as if it were of importance, yet his could be beautiful from any angle. From them comes an intensity, an honesty, a gentleness. Perhaps this is what is meant by a gentleman, not one of weakness or trite politeness, but one of great spirit and noble ways. What he is, what is beautiful about him, comes from deep within as if his soul shines through his skin.

" Hello, Mr. Lorraine. Nice to meet you" I held out my hand. That is when I noticed his attire so elegant and so perfect. He held out his hands too. Veins that popped out of them made him more sexier than he already is.

" Miss. Rebecca, CEO of RE! The pleasure is all mine to see you, the rat which always lived in it's hole" he shook my hand with a smirk.

Wait...Rat? Me? God didn't handle his brain well.

That's the best you came up with? Boy, I heard worse. If it weren't for your father I would have ripped that smirk of yours and feed it back to you. I know why he called me that, being a well known business woman I never appeared in front of the media. The only one's who know me are either my clients or my workers. Not even the paparazzi were successful to bring me out. I didn't really like socializing because that brings back my past. The things I left behind. The things that held pain.

I just forced a smile and pulled out my hand. How I wish I broke that hand too.

I now looked at the other male who was mischievously staring at Lisa.

I didn't know Mr. Lorraine was growing two idiots. Never mind! Rebecca come on greet him. I was about to offer my hand when he pulled me into a hug.

" Oh my god. Did it hurt when you fell from the heaven?" he asked almost squeezing the living hell out me.

I literally stopped functioning. The same with Ron and Lisa. After what seemed like hours Ron coughed bringing me back to senses. My goodness, what just happened? I looked at Tae as if he grew two heads.

" Hello to you too. Yeah, I even died 25 years ago just like that pickup line" I replied rolling my eyes at him. I found Lisa smiling at me proudly and Ron chuckling to himself. Tae dramatically held his heard muttering an 'ouch'.

" So Ms. Rat-" Ron started.

" I prefer Rebecca, Mr. Lorraine" I replied with annoyance evident in my voice. He just scoffed. I offered them seats just opposite to mine and we began discussing. Ron discussed about all the issues they dealt with and I spilled what exactly happened. He didn't seem to buy it unless I showed the actual design.

" So we prefer, monitoring the work personally to avoid further calamities" Ron finally declared.

Just then Lisa received a call. She answered and whispered in my ear that Mr. Wang was not able to find any rooms for these two idiots who were in front of me. I wonder why Mr. Lorraine didn't arrange their stay. It is just a matter of some hundred million dollars for him to buy a house for himself here.

" Mr. Lorraine, we apologize for not able to find a stay place for the both of you because of the short notice. Would you like to use any other connections?" I asked hoping he calls someone and would get the hell out of my sight.

" No" he replied blankly.

I thought I was the only psycho in this state. No, there is one more now.

" We are not uncomfortable to stay in your residence" he continued.

Did he just invite himself? Oh boy, it's my freaking house and I can't let a psycho like you in. Just then, Lisa nudged my elbow and showed her puppy face. I am not falling for it. She pleaded with her eyes. I am still not falling...ok I may consider. It's her mistake and I don't want this freak to hold grudges on her like an old granny.

" You will be escorted by Robert. Looking forward to work with you" I replied with a professional tone and shook his hands. Just then Robert, my head bodyguard entered. Ron and Tae were on their feet by now. Ron just smirked at me and once again and they both headed out first.

Lisa nudged my shoulder with a grin on her face.

" Do you feel something in your stomach?" she asked.

"Oh, yes" her smile grew wide.

" Does it feel like something is erupting?"

"Oh, yes"

" Is it some creature?"

" Freaking yes"

" Oh my god, is it butterflies?" she asked almost jumping on her feet.

" No rats. I am freaking hungry Lisa" I said nudging her shoulders to hurry.

Her smile faded away just like that. Why? I was speaking of food. She should be more happier. I just shrugged. She shook her head in disappointment. Food isn't disappointment.

We both headed back to home. We just arrived when we saw another black Mercedes Benz pulling into our parking area. It was Ron and Tae. I huffed and waited for them to join us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey ya!

This is my favorite among the two stories I handle.

As you see I am not updating regularly. I just got reminded that I don't maintain a schedule.

But I would not like to try it out. I will be posting something only if am done writing that part. Let me tell you it isn't that simple to bring out the words.

REBECCA : I prefer quality over quantity

See, she too prefers the same :)

RON: Make me a lead already.

Hold on man, I am drooling over you. Those words are hard to find if you are near.

TAE : You are reflecting yourself as me. Aren't you?

( thinking deeply to avoid his question)

LISA : Never mind, she is secretly shipping somebody

Will you guys freaking stop occupying my mind? ( four of them exit poking their tongue out and closing their eyes)

Gosh, My characters!!! (slams head against the desk)

Okay, guys let's get back with another chapter. Keep voting, sharing and commenting.

Oh wait, I forgot...I want your ideas

TAE: You are a pyscho

Oh shut up dude, I was talking to the readers. (kicks him out)

Question: Who is going to bicker with Rebecca more? Rudy arrogant Ron or Flirty goofy Tae ?

Come on guys the comment section is open for you.

~ Phoenix8142812