Chapter 9: Emotionless, Lifeless...!

Ron's POV:

" Why did you propose that?" Tae said, clearly not knowing my intentions.

" Why do you think I did? " I questioned back.

" That was a question Ron!" he exclaimed clearly annoyed.

" Aren't you tired of dad bragging about her whenever we sneak out? I am done with his exaggerations on how determined she is, unlike us. She doesn't even show herself to the world. This is the only chance we got" I whispered.

" You mean?" he said as if he was asking me to confirm we both were thinking alike.

" Yes!!" I said nodding twice.

Soon, the car stopped in front of a mansion, Ms. Rat's house I assume. Wow,it's lavish, simple and elegant, this is completely my style. But something was missing something that I couldn't lay my finger on. I turned to find the girls from earlier waiting for us to join them.

We were given two suite rooms, right next to each other. After tidying ourselves we were called for lunch. We saw the girls already having their meals. The long table was empty except for those two. There were two maids and a older woman standing across them. Me and Tae sat in chairs that were opposite to them.

" Afternoon, munchers" Tae beamed and rubbed his palms. I saw Rebecca rolling her eyes at him.

"Ms. Rose, this is Mr. Ron Lorraine and Tae Fallon from Nova-Tech. They are staying here for another couple of days" she said to the older woman.

" Nice to meet you ,Ms. Rose" we both greeted her to which she responded with a broad smile. I already like her. Her smile reminds me of my Grams.

"You live alone? Where are your parents? Aren't you introducing our handsome faces to them?" Tae asks out of blue.

I saw other's eyes widen while Ms.Rat showed no emotion.

" You should shut your mouth!!!" Lisa mouthed to Tae.

Okay, may be we should just stay out of this. I guess Tae's brain processed some information and he began apologizing.

" Umm...sorry" he said. But, Ms.Rat didn't respond so he began waving his hands near her face.

" Ecca..Ecca.." he called again.
Did she just blackout? What for?

Soon, she came back to her senses. I expected that woman to cry or lash. But guess what... no emotion...again.

"Yeah, I shall get going. Ms. Rose will be looking after your necessities" she said and left. She is not done with her lunch. Weird...!

Lisa followed her mumbling ' Will today get any more worse?'

" Don't mind her. She is like that" Ms. Rose assured us.

Me and Tae shared a look and began eating. It's been long since we came to NYC so we decided to wander around for today. Of course, it was Tae's plan. As we were about to leave, Ms. Rose appeared at the front door.

" Looks like you are going somewhere?" she asked smiling.

" Umm...yeah just walking around the city" I replied politely.

" About earlier. I just wanna tell you guys that as long as you are here do not speak of her family. I know you guys didn't mean to hurt her. But...yeah...I guess you understand" she says concerned.

We nodded and bid her a goodbye.

She is hurt? Because we spoke of her family? Are they dead? Did they abandon her? Why is she hurt??

Wow...! Interesting stuff. Let's dig it up later.

---

Lisa's POV:

Ugh...these guys really know how to piss people.

I hope it would be okay. After lunch at home we headed back to straight to her office. Our way back was dead silent with no emotions on her face.

I saw her walking into her cabin and closing the door.

Just then, Ms. Elena entered with a file. Before I could stop her she was already inside. Ugh...poor girl. Let her be okay.

I kept staring at the door expecting papers and table lamps to fly in the air. But, there was no such sound. Is she okay?

Soon my thoughts were interrupted by the door opening. Ms. Elena came out with the same file, but her head was hanging low. I approached her.

" Ms. Elena, is everything alright?" I ask her motioning her to sit on a chair. She just shook her head and small sobs were heard.

" I am fired" she sobbed louder and louder every passing minute.

I don't even know how to assure her. She is in the wrong place in the wrong time.

The day went on with people entering her office and she firing eight employees in a row. I should do something. I just walked to her cabin and marched inside.

" Only if I earned a dollar every time you fire people, I would be a lot wealthier" I say to her, still holding the door knob.

I saw her eyes... they were red like bell pepper. She isn't crying. She never does. Still the same lifeless eyes. But deep inside there was pain. How long is she going to live with it? It hurts watching her like that.

" You should let it out" I said approaching her.

" Stop right there!!!" she warned.

" Listen to me Reb, you should let things pass" I said trying to reach her arm.

" I said STOP!!!" she yelled on the top of her lungs and marched outside.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Thank you for the 200 reads. It means a lot.

This chapter is kind of emotional and don't hate Reb for firing people. You know, people act reflexive when they are angry or in pain.

What is it in Rebecca's case?

Well you will found out later in this story.

And about Ron...

What is his ulterior motive?

Any guess?

Well, I would love to see you guys guessing what's next.

I have been working on two stories..so it rarely gives me time to make a long chapter.

You can check the other story too it's a fantasy fiction with supernatural beings. Search for " Nestor Tinoco in the Potion Land" if you are interested.

TCBL is the queen...Haha..

Do comment, vote and share. That would give me motivation to continue.

See y'all

Phoenix8142812