Chapter 4: Welcoming Enemy

Lisa's POV:

I left to my desk to get Rebecca's schedule for today. I opened my laptop and many mails popped in. I checked for the latest ones and found an unread mail from Nova-tech, sent this morning. As soon as I opened the mail my eyes opened wide and as I read further there was a scowl that unintentionally appeared on my face. They said the heir and his assistant, the half heir are heading here. I am very disappointed and angry because of that stupid half heir. He rejected one of my friend who was head over heels for him. Just because he doesn't like commitments, he insulted her in front of everyone. I am sure I would have punched his face and turned him black and blue if I witnessed it.

I went to Rebecca's office with those thoughts of seeing that jerk in this office and barged inside. She was working on her monitor as always. My sudden appearance made her avert her gaze from the screen and she huffed. Oh shit, I forgot to knock and barged in like its my own territory.

'' Knock before entering. Did you forget your manners, Ms. Lisa? '' she snapped. I immediately brought back my senses. I stiffened and turned my professional mode on.

'' My apologies mam and there is something else we need to worry about right now'' I said still gritting my teeth. The thought of meeting that bastard is enough for my blood to boil like duck soup.

''What is that something-else-we-need-to-worry-about thing?''she said mocking my tone. Ugh... this girl, this is not the time to mock me. We have only less than an hour for them to meet us. Oh my god, I literally forgot about this whole thing. I am now pouring hot sauce on a sleeping monster.

I started ''Nova-tech''

'stupid, lazy ass, burnt pancake brain Lisa you are digging your own grave' I thought to myself.

'' Yeah, what about them?'' she asked cutting my thoughts.

'Come on Lisa, you stupid alpaca tell her already' I groaned internally.

'' They are our new partners for the latest product launch-'' I said still shivering internally.

'Nice, well said Lisa. What the hell are you talking she knew who they are, come to the point its getting late already' I brought back the courage from the bottom of my foot.

'' I know right, dont beat around the bush'' she said annoyed.

' Lord save me' , I prayed internally

''They are not satisfied with our designs and had trust issues regarding model processing. So, they are sending someone to overlook each and every detail personally. Since its a million-dollar project they said it need to be sorted as soon as possible'' I said breathlessly.

''Trust issues? I doubt is it Nova-tech we are talking about? The one who approached us themselves? I doubt Mr. Lorraine lost some of his braincells with age. By the way, who's s that someone they are sending?'' she asked raising her left eyebrow.

'' I think that's the most important and disappointing thing in this whole conversation''

' well Lisa, time has come for you to reveal that idiot's name from your own mouth. Wow Lisa, wow' , I groaned internally. Yet, I continued because of this soon to wake up monster in front of my eyes.

'' Their heir Mr. Ron Lorraine assisted by the half heir Mr. Tae Fallon'' I said gritting my teeth.

I took his name. Guess, I need to drink some detergent later.

"The heir and the half heir assistant? Mr. Lorraine definitely lost 50% of his braincells. Where on earth will companies send their heirs to check things like these? As of that heirs as much as I heard the actual one doesn't have any interest in company affairs and is arrogant much and the half heir is a popular flirt" she said annoyed.

"They both are like walNUT'S shell hard to crack yet less useful".

As much as I wanted to laugh at that nuts thing, I suppressed knowing what's next.

"Indeed, Mr. Lorraine had somewhere, sometime made a spill of tongue to soon hand them his company" I said shrugging my shoulders. "He definitely lost another 25% more braincells" she said rolling her eyes.

"When are they arriving?" she asked calmly.

Oh shit, it's time. I will die soon, don't wear black to my mourning. That's sick. Wear brighter yellow. I love that. 'Stupid Lisa, come back to your senses' . Okay, get ready I am going to wake up a monster.

"Within an hour or so" I said gulping down an imaginary lump of saliva down my throat. That was enough to make her eye balls go as wide as they seem to pop out of the sockets.

"Did they assume I am some stalker of Nova tech or a fortune teller? This is disrespectful. They should inform us earlier. How could we manage their accommodations?" she said slamming her pale white fists on to the desk and abruptly standing up. I was taken aback by her actions. I took a step back. I knew this monster coming through her.

'' I-I am sorry ma-am. It-it was sent early in the morning before they boarded" I said stuttering.

I am scared as hell now, it's my fault. She isn't paying me to grow my lazy ass without checking the mails. I am the whole cause of this.

"Sorry? That word is very precious, don't use it unless you commit some serious crime. I am not forgiving you for this" she yelled.

Here comes the living 21st century monster Ms. Rebecca.

'idiot Lisa, you are the whole cause of this. Stop mentioning about her angry self. Pray for your life' my inner self provoked.

"YOU PERSONALLY WILL ACCOMPANY THEM FROM THE AIRPORT. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR NECESSITIES UNTIL THEY REACH THE OFFICE BUILDING. Roger that?" she said pointing her finger towards me.

Right now, she looks like that huge Godzilla animation roaring at humans.

'shut-up, Lisa' my inner self shouts again.

"Ye-Yes mam" I nodded, my voice still stuttering.

I should accompany them from the airport? Guess luck is never in my favor today. God, why is this happening to me? I am welcoming my enemy with open arms. But I am responsible for this mishap, so I will definitely accept my punishment.

"How long did they wanted to stay?" she asked now in a calm tone.

Thank god she calmed down the beast with in her.

"Until they feel everything is in good terms" I replied. She left the office and asked me to call Mr. Wang, our chief finance manager.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really enjoy writing Lisa's part.

She is really one of a kind and dont get Rebecca wrong just because she punished her own best friend. Every human has their own way of approaching people. It isnt their true self that comes out while they are angry. I suppose every one of you might have regretted something that you have done while you are angry.

So much story ahead. Share, support and vote.

-Phoenix8142812