Chapter 14: Little Bex

Eccas POV:

" Ecca, why were you walking in the rain yesterday?" Tae asks me. I don't exactly have an answer to that question. Why was I walking? Why was I in the rain walking like a mad woman? I have no answer. After Charles spoke about my brother, I couldn't think straight. All these years of struggle, all these years of loneliness is now worth nothing. I became numb, I lost all my senses, the only things intact are the memories, the worst ones in precise. I know people around me are just concerned, but I couldn't help what I do. I just don't feel like to pass my own burdens onto them.

Tae and Ron, these people are outsiders, who just happen to live in my house under circumstances, but they seem to be bothered by my behavior. I wonder why.

Yesterday, when Ron asked me to get in the car, I felt like I am being pulled out of my own darkness, I felt lively for a fraction of second. Also, when ever Tae addresses me as Ecca, I feel a familiar warmth of home, a feeling I didn't experience in the past seven years of life. May be I am just magnifying the hospitality they embrace upon others, may be I am wrong but I wish it means something.

" Ms. Rebecca, it was so inconsiderate of you to barge into my fathers office like a crownless queen" a loud voice echoed through the hallways.

" I could tell the same to you for barging into my house, Mr. Alex" I yell back walking to the front door.

" I know you love surprises, little Bex" he says pulling me into a tight hug.

"Of course" I whisper into his ear grinning.

" For the record, it was that old hag who was hell bent on insulting me" I say pulling away.

" Yeah, I can tell" he says shrugging.

" So, why do I have the honors and when the hell did you come back from South Africa?" I say taking his hand and dragging him to the dining table.

" I came to visit my favorite person and I for sure do not require a reason to do so. I just arrived a while ago and of course headed straight to your palace, little princess" he says bowing dramatically to which I roll my eyes.

" Keep rolling your eyes until you make sure you find your brain back there. What the hell were you thinking before wandering on the streets like a lost soul? Tell me Bex, have you finally gone insane?" he yells.

Rons POV:

When Tae asked Rebecca the reason for her not-so-humanly behavior last night, I thought she would yell and remind him that it isn't his business to pry into her personal life. Instead, she drifted into deep thoughts. May be, it would be have been quite uneasy for her to talk about it to others, let alone to two complete strangers or to business acquaintances to be exact. Though I would like to hear what deepest and darkest secrets this perfectly imperfect woman has, it is just against my conscience to make a woman uncomfortable. Before I could contemplate on how to divert the topic I heard someone yelling.

" Ms. Rebecca, it was so inconsiderate of you to barge into my fathers office like a crownless queen" the voice says.

" I could tell the same to you for barging into my house, Mr. Alex" Ms. Rat yells standing up from her seat.

Alex, the name rings a bell. Alex...Alex Williams, Charles Williams only son. The bastard child who refused to take responsibility of his fathers company to do some social working and volunteering. Yet, here he is barging into Ms. Rats house to pick a fight. Wow, could this get any more interesting?

I could easily see him from my chair. He has hazel eyes, brown hair, perfect tan with denim shirt and black ripped jeans. He looks young and simple. The guy can perfectly fit into modelling if he is willing to.

" I know you love surprises, little Bex" he says pulling Ms. Rat into a tight hug. Okay, this is getting weird. Firstly, he came inside yelling at her. Secondly, he is Charles son. Thirdly, he called Ms. Rat a hideous name. Fourthly, he fucking hugged her.

They exchanged a few words before heading to the table.

" I came to visit my favorite person and I for sure do not require a reason to do so. I just arrived a while ago and of course headed straight to your palace, little princess" he says bowing dramatically to which Rebecca replies with her usual eye roll.

Now is the time where my brain should work. So, Ms. Rat and Alex are not rivals. Unlike his douchebag of a father, Alex seems to care about Ms. Rat. May be they are some long last childhood buddies or they have this very secret I love you and you love me relationship behind Charles and his hypocrisy for women.

" Keep rolling your eyes until you make sure you find your brain back there. What the hell were you thinking before wandering on the streets like a lost soul? Tell me Bex, have you finally gone insane?" he yells at her.

" I apologize. I was not in my right mind. I would never do it again" she says like a kid who has been caught by her mother for stealing ice-cream from the refrigerator . From the day I actually saw this woman, it is the very first time she didn't pull on her boss bitch face and her apologizing is something new.

" No Bex, tell me you are sorry, tell me you are sorry for worrying us" he demands sitting in the chair opposite me.

" She did apologize" Tae states after a moment of silence.

" But she wasn't sorry" Alex says still staring at Rebecca expecting a reply.

" Lisa, it's time we leave. I have a lot of pending work" she says trying to leave her seat.

" Sit. down. Bex" Alex says again.

" We are just worried about you Bex, don't do anything stupid" he says to her in a rather softer tone. This is so stupid, a part of her actions were because of his not-so-cunning father and here he is trying to make her feel better.

" Gee, Thanks, Al" Ms. Rat says in a soft tone and Alex smiles at her showing his not-so-attractive dimples.

" Looks like you got new friends here, eh?" he says referring to Tae and I. Friends? us? Haha.

-------------------------------------------------

( Hey guys,

Firstly, I apologize for late updates. It's just I have been busy.

Yet, I started a new story " Photo Of My Mind" It is a high school romance. The story of Lynn, 18 year old girl, a simple college student with a perfect life, best grades and many friends. She had everything she wanted until Ben, an egoistic, cold reneger seeks interest in her.

Find out how things turn out in the name of love and friendship. Click the link below to read chapter 1

https://www.wattpad.com/story/280604512?utm_source=android&utm_medium=link&utm_content=share_writing&wp_page=create&wp_uname=phoenix8142812&wp_originator=NeBXrR17udRf4Dbhn77HzNedV7E6PrnHL7SKQPz5e6O8WijjpClsAeLUHi%2FfUTGfLWA2RdJ2xYCnmpYf%2Bluo8kDkXyU0oQ%2Bx7MczKoAumsUtNW4mX%2F0VpMPOQGuu4GOw

Okay now some out of the box talk.

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME, have you watched the trailer? I am already excited. Yay!!

"Okay ,Stephen!"

Lol, that just reminded me of my mom when she says feel free to buy what ever clothes you wish. They just grant the permission to do the things you for sure shouldn't do even when they themselves give you the permission.

Also, " Hello, Peter!" , it is the best comeback for Dr. O

And geez, Marvel definitely has a thing for these tag line " no way home" lol. The trailer is cool though. For those who didn't yet watch the trailer can watch it at the beginning of the chapter. It's a non-payable fan publicity, lol.

Oh, yeah, Loki series was lit!!

That is it,

Happy Reading!! :) )