The Return

So far, I've had an okay week at work. Jack picked me up after my shift every evening, and we would go somewhere to eat. There were times he would cook for me at my apartment. It was fun. I've always loved being around Jack. He brings good vibes into my life. I'm glad we made up as friends after he realized his ex girlfriend was using him for money. Jack has a good amount of money, but that's only because his father own a company that provides with cross fit training. Many celebrities go to him because they have the best trainers there. That is why it's so popular and money keeps flowing in the business. But let's bot talk about the past. It reminds me of the depressing days I went through without my best friend. Those were some long days.

"Dee!" I hear a familar voice behind me. I was folding t-shirts in the mens section. I turn around and see Jack standing looking at me like I was crazy.

"What?" I looked at him confused.

"You were just.. Um.. You were trying to mix all the different colored shirts. I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to do that. He looks at the table that has a small mess that looks like a hurricane passed through.

"Woops, I was thinking..." I faked smiled and rushed to fixing the shirts to leave. I wanted to get out of here soon.

"Of what?" Jack asked out of curiosity.

"Um, nothing. Never mind. Can you just give me a minute to get my stuff and then we can leave." I ask. I need to change my mood fast. I don't want to go back to the depressing stage I went through. As I walked to the employee room, I tried clearing my head. It worked for the most part. When I got back, I gave Jack the biggest smile. I'm ready to have a good night.

"So, I was thinking. Since it's Friday. I really think we should go out. You know, and get our minds off of things." He says. "I think you are a bit over worked and you need this."

"You know what Jack. You are right. I need to get out and enjoy myself. Let's do this." I say proudly of myself. "But first, let's go get something to eat. I'm fucken starving bro." As if on cue, my stomach growled. What should we eat?

"What do you want to eat Dee."

"Um, what about In n Out?" I ask in excitement.

"Sounds good to me." Jack drives to In n Out.

"So how was work today?" He drove with his left hand on top of the wheel. He glanced at me with a smirk.

"Well, same as always. Boring as fuck but I mean there are some kids that are funny to watch." I smile a little recalling a time when a 6 year old was telling his mom he wanted to get out of the store and that was was taking way too long. They way he said it made him seem as if he was a 12 year old.

"So you are telling me, you stalk kids?" Gilinsky giggles.

"No, no, no. I just look at them when they are near. They are so cute. I can't wait til I have kids of my own." I look out the window. There was a silence. I looked ahead of us at the beautiful sunset. It was such a great day. I should enjoy it.

"What if we go to the beach after we get something to eat" I ask G.

"Yea, what are you going to want from In n Out?" He asks right as we pull up to the drive way.

"The same as always."

After eating our dinner, we drove about 10 minutes to get to the beach. Malibu is so beautiful.

We sat in the sand facing the beautiful sunset.

"I have to tell you something Dee."

"What is it?" I ask G.

"Well, remember Vanessa?" He looked over at me.

"Yea. Why?"

"Um, she's back." G informs me. SHIT, what the actual fuck. Why is she fucken back? My head was fighting battles trying to find the actual solution as to why she's back, so I stayed silent.

"Hellooooo. Earth to Dee" I hear a familiar voice. I shook my thoughts and got back to reality.

"Oh, um. How do you know she's back?" I asked. I really wanted to drop the topic, but I need to know everything.

"Well, Sammy told me." He stopped and looked at the ground. What the hell? What's wrong?

"What? What happened?" I asked Jack shaking his shoulder.

"They are dating."

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?" I said a bit too loud.

"And she's pregnant."

"WOW WOW WOW, Hold up. She's what?"

"Yea." He looks away.

"Gee come on bro. You have got to stop joking with me. You can't possibly have feelings for her after what she did to you." I say in total disbelieve.

"No, it's just. I don't know. I don't want Sammy to get involved with her, but I guess it's too late to change that now. He's having a fucken child with her."

"Damn it. Didn't Sammy know about this shit. Come on Gee." I say.

"It was the past, why would I want to bring up such an awful memory. And why should he know? He has nothing to do with it." He looked a bit upset and angry now.

"I'm sorry Jack. Come here." I pull him for a hug. "Everything is going to be okay. Okay? I'm here for you no matter what." I squeeze him tight into the hug. "We should get going. Maybe we could speak of this at my place."

We got to his car and drove back to my apartment.

"What should I do?" Jack asked walking inside.

"Well, you should tell Sammy what happened. And you can possibly avoid them." I suggested.

"Telling Sammy will only rise problems in their relationship." Jack added with a worried face.

"Look, that's the only option, because if you try avoiding them from the beginning, that'll cause them to think you hate them or dislike them." I added the possible consequences of those actions.

"Damn it. But, Sammy invited us to go have dinner with her to introduce us to her because he thinks we don't know her!"

Oh shit. Hell no. If I see that fucken bitch, I swear I will cut her fucken face off. Damn it. Why her Sammy? Out of all the fucken girls in the world. Damn it.

"Um, I guess we'll have to go. We need to support him. As much as I don't wanna go, we have to Gee. We are his best friends." I tell him.

"Yea, I agree. I'll tell him to send me a day. And I'll let you know."

"Alright, now let's get them out of out minds. Let's watch a movie." I suggested.

"Okay" he goes to my room and grabs my big blanket and pillows. He places them in the coach, and I turn on the Playstation to get Netflix.