M-22: Dis-Mantle-ing the Titans

"Hurry, Adam!" Blake whispered nervously. "You cannot allow Operation Phoenix to come to fruition!"

"Don't worry, Blake," Yang put a hand on her partner's shoulder. "Adam's already come this far. I can't see him failing now." The lights began to dim. "Just watch, you'll see..."

The episode began with Pietro and Adam standing atop the Atlas Titans headquarters, as a group of men in suits pushed cart after cart of brains into an airship resting on the landing pad the bull Faunus and Crimson had faced each other previously.

"Are you sure you don't want to ride the airship over to Solis?" the Atlasian scientist asked, surprised. Adam nodded.

"I'm sure, Pietro. Flying me out to the launch site would be a needless detour for you guys, and it will give the Atlas Titans ample time to attack the airship." He pointed over the edge of the building, gesturing to the streets far below. "At least down there, the Titans' attention will be solely focused on me."

"That is a valid point," Ozpin pointed out. "Adam has single-handedly destroyed their headquarters and killed dozens of their soldiers, including the Shades of Death. I'd imagine his death would mean more to the Atlas Titans than the recovery of the children's brains."

"But will you be okay down there, all by yourself?" Pietro demanded, unconvinced.

"I can handle myself," Adam assured the scientist. "You just worry about getting the brains back to Atlas."

"And what will you do?"

"Escape from Mantle, and get to the launch site," the bull Faunus declared. Pietro chuckled.

"Ah, yes, I almost forgot Solis is only a couple miles out from the Kingdom," he admitted. Adam approached the edge of the building, looking down.

"It shouldn't take me more than an hour with a set of wheels," the bull Faunus decided. "I'll just have to borrow some."

"Try swinging by my old workshop," the scientist suggested. "I had a couple of HVB Rhinos in the garage. They should be in working condition."

"Thanks, Pietro," Adam smiled. He prepared to leap off the side of the building.

"Be careful, Adam," Pietro warned. "The Titans' mechanized Grimm have been released into the city. I could see them running rampant on the flight in. I don't think I need to tell you just how dangerous the streets of Mantle are at the moment."

"Oh, I can imagine," the bull Faunus grunted. "For now, let me worry about putting some distance between me and the Titans... or what's left of them, anyway." And with that, he leapt off the side of the building.

"Um, are we going to acknowledge the fact Adam jumped off a skyscraper without a parachute?" Weiss asked, wide-eyed.

"I'm sure he'll be fine!" Ruby waved a hand.

The scene changed to show the streets of Mantle, void of people and filled with empty cars. A blur of black zoomed towards the ground, before a large explosion of red light filled the screen. When the light subsided, Adam was seen crouching in the middle of a large crater, his gauntlets, Thorns, covering his fists, currently smoking from the impact with the ground. The bull Faunus stood, his Aura flashing briefly, before he dusted himself off.

"That was quite the drop, Adam," Sienna commented. "Come, it's time you got out of Mantle."

"Right," Adam nodded. "I'm on my way out right now." The bull Faunus began to make his way through the lifeless streets of Mantle. Before he could get too far, however, he heard shouting.