Mission 21: Living Cave

"The next episode hasn't even started yet, but my heart won't stop beating," Pyrrha whispered, as she fidgeted uncomfortably in her seat.

"That's perfectly understandable," Weiss assured her. "Jaune and Mundus are going to face each other in battle very soon, and all of us are uneasy because of it."

"Hey, Abe, our Fearless Leader doesn't fight the King of Grimm in this very episode does he?" asked Nora. "I don't think my heart is ready for it yet." For a moment, Abe was silent. Then, he smiled.

"Don't worry, Nora, he won't fight Mundus this episode." Nora breathed a sigh of relief. "First he had to get through all his guards." Her breath caught in her throat.

"Why do you feel the need to do that to us?" Ren asked, as the lights in the theater dimmed.

The episode began with Jaune slicing his way through a doorway made of white flesh, making his way into a new room of the living cave. This one had a small platform off to his left, allowing access to another door made of red flesh. The Huntsman approached, planning on making his way through, but as soon as he came within five feet of the platform, several large, curved rib bones protruded out of the wall, and locked themselves in a tight formation around the doorway, blocking him. Jaune hacked at the ribs with the Harbinger, but nothing happened.

"Okay, so how do I get through there?" he wondered.

"Knowing this series, it'll be a long elaborate trial before he finds the answer," Yang muttered.

Turning away from the barred flesh, Jaune spied another door. This one was made out of stone, and stood between two burning torches.

"That looks promising," he murmured. The Huntsman made his way over to the stone entrance, then lifted the door up, and headed through. When he saw what was on the other side, however, he stopped dead in his tracks. "Oh my gods..." In front of him was a massive human heart, with several large veins stretching off of it, leading up to a giant pair of stone doors. "That must lead to Mundus's throne room," Jaune guessed. "Looks like I'll have to get this heart pumping before I can enter, though."

"Well, I guess that explains the cave made of flesh motif," Blake pointed out, before shuttering in disgust. "Still doesn't make it any less disgusting, though."

As he continued to study the room, Jaune noticed one vein lining the wall next to him. A strange rock-like growth had grown along the base of the vein, squeezing it shut like a vice.

"I'd better fix that," the Huntsman determined. He dropped down onto the ground from the small slope he stood upon, attempting not to fetch as an unfamiliar liquid splashed beneath his feet. Approaching the large vein, he swung the Harbinger downwards, and watched as the rocky growth shattered like glass. Immediately, the vein began to pulse, as the blood began to flow through it once more. "Looks like that's all I can do in here for now," Jaune grunted, looking around. He headed back up to the stone door, and made his way back into the previous room. The writhing door of red flesh still waited for the Huntsman upon its platform, and this time, no ribs closed over it as he approached. "All right, now we're getting somewhere!"

"Yeah, closer to your battle against a virtual god," Qrow grunted.

"Qrow!" Tai yelled at him.

"Just thought I'd lighten the mood."

Jaune hacked his way through the doorway, and found himself moving through a long, narrow corridor. He followed the path along for several yards, before suddenly, several black tentacles emerged from the fleshy walls, attempting to grab at him.