Mission 16: Win or Lose

Abe selected the next episode, entitled "Win or Lose," and pushed play.

The episode began showing Jaune exiting the elevator, as the Tower of Ozma began to rumble. As Jaune whipped out Ebony and Ivory, his body transformed into its Grimm form, with a few new changes. Now, his shoulders, the backs of his hands, and the tops of his feet were covered in white chitin.

"Why did he transform?" Weiss asked. "He's not in any mortal danger, and it doesn't look like he did it willingly, either."

"Perhaps an increase of negative energy," Ozpin suggested. "After all, something as major as a beam of light shooting down from the sky is bound disturb the peace."

"I notice his body has more armor, now," Ren pointed.

"I guess his Grimm form improves the more time he's in it," Ruby shrugged.

Jaune looked down as his clawed hands, confusion in his red eyes. At that moment, he noticed a large group of Apathy lumbering towards him. The Huntsman smirked, before twirling his twin pistols.

"Now this is what I'm talking about," Jaune grinned, his visor mask sliding down over his face. The Apathy rushed the Huntsman, only for several of the Grimm to immediately crumble to ash, bullets tearing through their skeletal faces. Jaune waded through the horde of Grimm, firing off round after round as more Apathy fell around him. Eventually, he switched to his Claymore, using it to deflect scythe attacks and slice Apathy to pieces. Finally, with a spinning swing, Jaune removed the head of the last Apathy, nodding as he watched the headless body collapse on its knees, and crumble to ash.

"Vomit Boy for the win!" Yang grinned, folding her arms in front of her chest.

As Jaune continued down the hallway, a figure dropped down in front of him. He wore all black, and wielded a longsword.

"Another Fallen, huh?" Jaune mused, putting away his Claymore. "I don't have time to waste fighting with you," he grumbled. He whipped out Agni and Rudra. "I'll make this quick!" The Fallen rushed forwards, as he and the Huntsman began to rapidly stab and slash at each other.

"Well, Mr. Arc is certainly off to a better start against this Fallen than he was against the other two," Ozpin smiled.

Jaune growled as he ducked under a stab from the Fallen, before standing up and slashing at the corrupted humans chest with his twin scimitars. There was a flash as the Fallen's hard light shield blocked the attack, just before his sword sliced across the Huntsman's torso. Instead of black smoke, however, a flash of white Aura flickered across Jaune's body.

"He still has his Aura," Ren noted.

"How, though?" Blake questioned. "Aren't Grimm supposed to be soulless beings?"

"Well, Abe did say Jaune still has a soul," Velvet pointed out. "Maybe that means that his Grimm form keeps his soul when he shifts."

"An astute observation, Ms. Scarlatina," Ms. Goodwitch commended the Rabbit Faunus.

The Fallen's eyes widened in surprise as Jaune smirked, before the Huntsman thrusted his boot into the corrupted human's knee. Talaria discharged, obliterating the Fallen's leg as the explosion forced its way through his hard light barrier. The man fell forwards, right as Jaune thrusted his twin scimitars forwards, Agni puncturing the Fallen's lung, while Rudra plunged through the corrupted humanoid's neck.

"Oof," Qrow winced, then chuckled. "Just like that Ninja game we play, eh, Ruby?"

"Yeah," Ruby agreed. "But watching Jaune pull it off is way cooler."