Mission 2: The Blood Ink

Abe came back into the living room, carrying several bags of microwave popcorn in his hands. He went around the room, handing them to all of his guests.

"Wow, how are you able to afford all this?" Ruby asked, staring at the sheer size of her bag.

"Yeah, what job out there pays this good?" Yang added. Abe looked at them strangely.

"Paid? I don't get paid. I don't even exist. I'm just here as a stand-in for the author so that he can write a story about you guys reacting to his Jaune Arc Devil May Cry story." Team RWBY looked sad at this revelation.

"It must suck living in a reality like that," Nora commented. Abe shrugged.

"I mean, he gave me a video game girl for a wife, so I can't complain too much." He rubbed his hands together. "Okay, so now that we've got all the refreshments passed out, I believe we can begin the..." Just then, there was thumping noises heard in the basement. Team RWBY and Team _NPR all froze, as Abe flinched. "Excuse me for a second," he requested running into his room. He emerged a second later, reequipped with his baseball bat, before running downstairs. A bunch of commotion was heard, followed by a painful thwackand a pained cry.

"How dare you?!" A stern woman's voice demanded.

"Watch it, he's still armed!" A younger girl's voice with a slight British accent called nervously.

"Might I suggest a parley?" an older, wiser male's voice suggested.

"Give us back our friends!" a haughtier female voice demanded.

"Look," Abe's voice suggested, "if you'll all just come upstairs, everything will be explained." There was grumbling and cursing, but no more violence was heard. The spectators upstairs all watched as Abe returned to them, along with a group of familiar faces.

"Ah, there you are students. I must admit when you disappeared on us, you gave us quite the scare," Ozpin smiled.

"Headmaster Ozpin? Mrs. Goodwitch?" Pyrrha exclaimed.

"Students, are you okay?" Glynda Goodwitch demanded. "Has he hurt you?"

"No, we're all fine," Weiss shook her head, and smiled. "In fact, he's been a rather gracious host."

"Oh, please, I didn't do that much," Abe blushed, bracing a black-haired man on his shoulder, who was clutching his head.

"Uncle Qrow!" Ruby cheered, getting up to run over to him.

"I wouldn't do that, Ruby," a girl with a beret and sunglasses, standing next to another girl with a pair of rabbit ears, suggested. "He's still pretty dazed. Taking a baseball bat to the head will do that to you."

"He startled me, okay?!" Abe growled defensively.

"Coco, Velvet? You guys came too?" Blake asked. The rabbit Faunus nodded.

"Of course. We wouldn't want to abandon our friends, after all." She looked around the living room. "This is a nice place."

"I'd like to have a little more context as to what's going on, here," Ren requested.

One explanation later...

"So that purple dust left a wormhole in our dorm room?" Blake asked incredulously.

"Sounds crazy, huh?" Qrow grunted, holding a pack of ice to his head. He was less dizzy, but he still had a headache from the baseball bat incident. Fortunately, Abe was kind enough to supply him with a bottle of hard liquor to distract him from the pain.

"That's so cool!" Nora grinned.

"Fortunately, we were able to stabilize the portal with Dr. Oobleck's help, so by shattering another purple dust crystal, we should be able to return to our own world," Ozpin smiled, turning to Abe. "Thank you for watching over my students. We'll be taking them back to our own reality, now."