[22]

WORD COUNT: 471 words

Third Person POV

y/n's flooded with tears as they found out Jared had been in a car accident. As soon as possible, they grabbed Evan and rushed to the hospital they were told.

y/n was shaking

they had little to no knowledge as to what happened
they have been drained of happiness and filled with worry
they wondered if the happiness in their world will live on

they're terrified
anxious
paranoid
and every other negative feeling

there was a burning emotion surging through their body as they sit in the cab, they clench their stomach and stare out the window hoping Jared was still alive.

Finally, after what seemed to be the longest cab ride ever; they have arrived at the hospital they were told to go to. Y/n asks for the room details and quickly rushed their with Evan, they open the door to see Jared unconscious on the bed.

Y/n still hasn't stopped crying nor worrying. With tear-filled eyes, they approach the bedside of their beloved boyfriend and look at him as though their love can wake him up.

"hey red, come on wake up now. Wake up and show me that smile I fall in love with everyday" they say

y/n grabs jared's hand

"my love, please open your eyes" they say

nothing happens

Now the only sound in the room was being produced by the machine tracking Jared's heartbeat. It was slow and mellow but nonetheless beeping, the only security that y/n had. They decided to sit on the chair and feel arms being wrapped around them, it was Evan who was now also crying. They both stared at Jared as though the more looks he get, the better the chances of waking up immediately.

Blood rushing through their veins and thoughts swirling up in their mind are well represented by the waterfalls coming out from the orbs on their face but the moment was broken by nurses ushering them and Evan out of the room for further observation.

"how could this happen, how did this happen?!"

y/n asks, with tear-filled eyes as they look helplessly at Evan who has just as much of an answer as they have. Evan himself was also crying, eyes bloodshot, thoughts foggy, softly sniffing. He couldn't speak, he couldn't form anything to comfort y/n because he's also hopelessly asking questions in his mind which he can't get answers to.

And so, he just decides to hug y/n, tight. They sit there in each other's arms, thoughts fixated on one person for what seemed like forever until the doctor came out of the room. As if on cue, Connor arrives to ask how Jared was doing.

"I'm sorry to say, but unfortunately; your friend has fallen into a coma."