[21]

WORD COUNT: 475 WORDS

Your POV

It's been a heck of a wild year! In the same year Jared Kleinman became my boyfriend! Evan Hansen and Connor Murphy became a couple! We finally graduated senior year! Time has passed by so much I can't believe we're growing old.

The past year has had a lot of smiles and tears, I couldn't forget the time Jared and I had a huge fight.

He found out about the beatings I got from my bElovEd moTheR. I knew shouldn't have kept it from him but what can I do? I never wanted him to worry for me and I also didn't want him to do anything that would get him in trouble just to protect me. He was so mad at me we didn't talk for a week, I was so sure he was going to break up with me—at the worst time possible too! After my mother found out I had been dating someone everything intensified. I was at the lowest point of my life until on the 9th day of Jared and I not talking, my father asked me to stay at the table after dinner and explained that my mother was now in prison for child abuse. I was free of her grasp! I was so happy! I wanted to tell Jared, but I didn't want to upset him. I hugged my dad as tight as I could and burst into tears, after that moment I rushed to call Evan on my phone and tell him the wonderful news. He rushed to my house and we had a slumber party, everything was going good and for a moment; I completely forgot about the pain I was experiencing with Jared.

On the 10th day, I woke up and Evan was still asleep when his phone was ringing. It was jared and I wondered what he wanted, I got so curious I answered it without permission. Jared asked how I was doing. how. i. was. doing. He asks Evan how I'm doing? I was stunned, I fell silent until he spoke again. I open my lips and spit out his name, he recognized my voice and asked me why I had Evan's phone. I told him all about the slumber party and everything that happened the night prior.

We made up, everything was good.

Jared, Evan, Connor and I also shared Christmas and New Year together on a fancy getaway thanks to my dad sponsoring. I guess it's obvious who our new year kisses were.

I graduated on the top of my class and my father couldn't have been more proud. There were so many good things happening in my life that I feared something bad would happen.

Something did.

Oh jared.

My sweet sweet Jared.

Why did this have to happen right after graduation?