[16]

WORD COUNT: 986 words

Your POV

maybe I should stop all of these plans?

or maybe I should be a man and face rejection once it comes? ackkk. I don't want to be an ass to Connor, we have a plan and I'm not going to be the reason why it would be discontinued. I was about to turn on the tv to watch some netflix when I heard the doorbell ring.

I quickly got up to my feet and head to the door, I open it and immediately I saw my poor bestfriend, crying and whimpering. He didn't have any stuff and his face was as red as a tomato.

"Evan! Oh my god honey what happened to you?"

I feel like my heart's been squeezed at the sight of him, he looks like a lost puppy. Oh my god¡¡ he's bruised! my poor little tree lover is hurt! Whoever did this to my poor boy— they will just not fucking see the day of light ever again. I immediately pulled him into a hug, a really tight one and led him inside.

"Steady breaths Evan, follow my lead"

I started helping him with breathing exercises as we sat on the couch.

"keep doing that, I'll be right back"

I wiped a tear off his face as I stood up to grab water, brownies and medical supplies. God he looked so helpless.

I quickly came back to Evan and his breathing was better, I settle down the medical supplies on the table with the food and I let him drink water. I wiped his face one last time, he's stopped crying, he's still catching his breath but he wasn't hyperventilating as much anymore.

I warmly smiled at him and reached for his hand, I kissed the back of his hand showing my care for him and started mending his bruises and wounds.

"Explain to me when you're ready"

again, I smiled at him and he nodded. He drank up the water and flinched a bit whenever I clean his wounds. I was about halfway through being hiS nUrSe when he started speaking, I listened to him while continuing what I was doing

"s-so we were in class right? haha of course we w-were so yeah we were in class and I just felt a sudden anxiety attack? I don't know why but it felt horrible. So I asked the teacher if I can excuse myself to the restrooms and so she let me, while on the way to my locker instead of the restroom, keep in mind I look like I was going to cry. These jocks just came up behind me and started saying horrible things and they started tormenting me about how I always cry and that I'm a big baby. And-and that I'm so gay for being friends with you, a girl and they said I'm probably gay for every boy in school and that I'm nothing but a dirty pervert that's why I continue using the men's bathroom and it was just so horrible [Y/N]. But honestly, it wouldn't have hurt that much since I'm used to hearing shit like that but then he started insulting Connor that he should've just gotten expelled when he through a printer at our second grade teacher. Then they started insulting you and Jared and I spoke up then basically they beated me up and I ran all the way here, leaving all my stuff."

Evan said that all so quickly but I understood, all of it. I felt so bad. God but I can't cry or he'll start to cry again, so I gave him a concerned look but I didn't speak. I finished patching him up and put away the medical supplies.

I sat next to him again and pulled him into a hug

"You're wonderful and you're so much more than what they say. And they just don't know how much of a good person Connor can be because all they see is his faults. That's their problem okay?"

I said comfortingly as I looked into his eyes, he nodded like a kid and I smiled at him.

"How are the wounds?"

I ask

"still hurts but thanks for-for everything basically"

he shyly giggles at the end and I just smiled more. I offered him food and he gladly accepted, we both watched some movies to get his mind off the incident.

1 and a half movies later, I hear my phone ringing, I pause the movie and answered it. It was Jared, I put him on speaker so both me and Evan can. speak to him

[ Italized = you
Underlined = Evan
Bold = Jared ]

yo wazzup?

hi

hi

Evan? is that you?

y-yeah

ah so that's why I can't find you. haha cutting now are we?

Jared shut up. It's a long story, he got bullied and he ran all the way here

yeah... what she said

that sucks man, so who were the bullies?

jocks err, the typical people

ahh they're assholes

I agree

haha... yeah...

anyways, what time are you two gonna go tomorrow?

early! but it's a surprise!

I love surprises

(haha I was so tempted to say and I love YOU)

yeah we know

ye

Sooo should I go to where you guys are or are you two preparing something?

I can literally hear the smirk through the call. and bitch don't be so full of yourself

aww I thought you two loved me

we-we do!

you're such an ass

haha I get those words 69 times a day

you're such an ass— there 70

hahaha

oh no world record

wow just go home

ye-yeah and be careful

thanks so much Evan and no thank you [Y/N]

haha you're welcome amigo

I'm hanging up

oh-okay t-take care!

yeah get home safe bye!

bye!

and he hanged up.

—————

Stalling? who? me? nooo....

Oh btw lil disclaimer, I do NOT have experience with depression, I'm not diagnosed nor do I think I have it so I'm sorry if I suck at writing a character with depression

what I do have, is crippling anxiety haha. Peace boios

(don't worry I'll write the birthday chapter... soon)

(and jesus I'm always bored feel free to dm me)

~Lai💋