[11]

WORD COUNT: 680 WORDS

Your POV

[Time skip brought to you by Will Roland's gorgeous moustache]

It's been a silent car ride as no one's even spoke the moment we got on. Jared insisted on driving us home and me and Evan just agreed. To be honest, I don't want to be home yet, I want to be with Evan and Jared because of the fear of seeing my mother again. But alas my thoughts were crushed as we were nearing my house

"hey, you sure you okay?"

Jared asks me out of nowhere as I hopelessly stare out of the window, I can't do it today, I said in my mind.

"I'm not, please let me sleepover at your place Jared."

I broke into tears and stared at the driver, waiting for a response. He eventually nodded and I hug myself in an attempt to warm myself up.

He continued driving and stopped at Evan's to drop the boy off and soon continued driving to his house. I've calmed down now but still wasn't okay, all these thoughts circling around me

Was mom home? Would she be furious if I didn't ask permission from dad?

What if Jared asks about what happened to me? What will I say?

Connor, what is happening to him now? What if he's hurting himself? What if he wants to hurt me?

I snap out of my thoughts as we arrived at Jared's. I looked at him and cracked a smile, but an emotionless smile. We walked into their house and I greeted his parents. He also told them that I'll be staying for the night and approved. Now, we're in Jared's room after dinner, I was staring off into the distance.

"So uhm... care to tell what happened earlier?"

He says breaking the silence as I faced him, I can't keep it from him forever so here goes

"Connor got upset and I don't want him upset at me! I'm his only friend and now I'm such a horrible one and I don't want to do because he might hurt himself or hurt me or or"

I trailed off as Jared sat next to me and rubbed circles on my back, he sighed as he thought of something to say

"why don't you give him a call?"

I was considering it but, what if he yells at me? I don't want Jared to hear all that so I just shook my head and pulled him into a bone crushing hug, but honestly putting aside all this connor stuff and my mom. It was actually very comfortable just sitting here, hugging Jared.

Maybe I like him? wait no, he'll just play with my feelings... but if he doesn't care, why isn't he pushing me away? but aghh more questions to think about, hmm it's his birthday in two days... should I give a humourous gift or a meaningful one? something clicked as I thought of something.

I released from the hug and looked into Jared's eyes, they were beautiful, the way they reflect the light and shine. I can stare at it's beauty for forever.

"So uhm... wanna watch a movie to take your mind off it?"

He says, concern in his voice. Boy, stop pretending you care, it'll be easier to disregard that small crush if you weren't so nice.

"uhm... okay but you choose the movie"

He nods and goes over to his desk to grab his laptop, I get comfortable on his bed and waited for him to pick a movie. Eventually, he did and as he sits down beside me, the movie started.

Halfway through the movie, I was getting tired, I leaned my head on his shoulder and tried to continue watching... but eventually drifted off to sleep.

>> Morning, 4 AM <<

I walk up to see myself snuggling with Jared. I instantly panicked but I didn't want to go, his embrace is soft and comfy. So I just snuggled my face into his chest and confirmed in my thoughts that I do like this son of a bitch.